AWS Administration - The Definitive Guide - Second Edition
- Learn how to leverage various Amazon Web Services (AWS) components and services to build a secure, reliable, and robust environment to host your applications on.
- Deep dive into the core AWS service offerings with hands-on tutorials, real-world use case scenarios, and best practices.
- A self-paced, systematic, and step-by-step guide to learning and implementing AWS in your own environment.
AWS is at the forefront of Cloud Computing today. Many businesses are moving away from traditional datacenters and toward AWS because of its reliability, vast service offerings, lower costs, and high rate of innovation. Because of its versatility and flexible design, AWS can be used to accomplish a variety of simple and complicated tasks such as hosting multitier websites, running large scale parallel processing, content delivery, petabyte storage and archival, and lots more. Whether you are a seasoned system Administrator or a rookie, this book will provide you with all the necessary skills to design, deploy, and manage your applications on the AWS cloud platform.
The book guides you through the core AWS services such as IAM, EC2, VPC, RDS, and S3 using a simple real world application hosting example that you can relate to. This book will also enhances your application delivery skills with the latest AWS services like CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, X-ray,and CloudFront to provide continuous delivery and deployment along with securing and monitoring your environments workflow. Each chapter is designed to provide you with the most information possible about a particular AWS service coupled with easy to follow hands-on steps, best practices, tips, and recommendations.
By the end of the book, you will be able to create a highly secure, fault tolerant, and scalable environment for your applications to run on.
What you will learn
- Create and manage users, groups, and permissions using AWSS Identity and Access Management services
- Deploy and access EC2 instances, work with EBS Volumes and Snapshots
- Customize and create your very own Amazon Machine Image
- Design and deploy your instances on a highly secured, network isolated environment using Amazon VPC
- Effectively monitor your AWS environment using specialized alarms, custom monitoring metrics, and much more
- Explore the various benefits of Database-as-a-Service offerings and leverage them using Amazon RDS and Amazon DynamoDB
- Take an in-depth look at what's new with AWS, including EC2 Container Service and Elastic File System