Spring 5.0 By Example: Learn and understand the new features of most popular java framework and build amazing robust applications
Claudio Eduardo de Oliveira
Discover the real power of Spring Framework 5.0, and learn step-by-step how to create powerful applications in the newest version of Spring Framework
- Implement a reactive application with Spring Webflux and learn reactive programming
- Create a robust and scalable messaging application with spring messaging support
- Create amazing microservices applications with Spring Cloud and Spring Boot
Organizations today are looking for systems that are more robust. That is the reason why Spring Framework becomes a most popular framework for java development, Spring makes it extremely simple and also improve the developer productivity.
On the new version, Spring enters on reactive world and provides a full support for reactive programming also we will present the Kotlin language which one has the compatibility with this new version.
On the second part, we will build an amazing messaging application, which one will consume the Twitter API and make some filtering and transformations, also we will explain the Spring websockets support. We will present how kotlin is supported in the new version of the framework.
In the last part, we will build a real microservice application, with the most important techniques and patterns, like service discovery, circuit breakers, security, data streams, monitoring and a lot of stuff with this kind of architecture requires
What you will learn
- Implement a REST APIs with Spring REST support
- Introduce the Spring Boot and understand how it makes it extremely simple to create robust applications
- Understanding how can Spring Data help us to add persistence in MongoDB and SQL databases
- Introduce the Reactive Programming and use this with Spring Webflux, the new feature added in Spring 5
- Implement a Reactive REST client and how it can be useful to create asynchronous applications
- Understand the messaging support and create a robust, scalable and fault tolerant application with Spring Messaging
- Implement a websocket to add interactive behaviors in our applications
- Introduce the Spring Cloud projects
Who This Book Is For
You as a developer would improve your skills and learn how to build systems that are more robust, resilient, flexible that attends a modern application requirements.
This book can be helpful for different levels of expertise, if you are a beginner you will meet new concepts in Spring Framework and learn how to implement these concepts in Java and Kotlin, or if you are an intermediate you will find the new features added in Spring 5.0 . At the end of this book, you will be able to build amazing microservices applications and discover the real power of Spring Framework.