Farhad Ghayour, Diego Cantor
A comprehensive guide with 80+ examples on 3D programming in WebGL 2, covering computer graphics topics such as rendering, 3D math, cameras, and more.
- Create visually stunning, high-performance 3D applications for the web with WebGL 2
- A complete course on 3D computer graphics: rendering, 3D math, lighting, cameras, and more
- Unlock a variety of new and advanced features offered in WebGL 2
Book Description As highly interactive applications have become an increasingly important part of the user experience, WebGL is a unique and cutting-edge technology that brings hardware-accelerated 3D graphics to the web.
Packed with 80+ examples, this book guides readers through the landscape of real-time computer graphics using WebGL 2. Each chapter covers foundational concepts in 3D graphics programming with various implementations. Topics are always associated with exercises for a hands-on approach to learning.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the rendering pipeline provided in WebGL
- Build and render 3D objects with WebGL
- Develop lights using shaders, 3D math, and the physics of light reflection
- Create a camera and use it to navigate a 3D scene
- Use texturing, lighting, and shading techniques to render realistic 3D scenes
- Implement object selection and interaction in a 3D scene
- Cover advanced techniques for creating immersive and compelling scenes
- Learn new and advanced features offered in WebGL 2
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Colors, Depth Testing, and Alpha Blending
- Putting It All Together
- Advanced Techniques
- WebGL 2 Highlights
- Journey Ahead