Learn ARCore - Fundamentals of Google ARCore: Create next generation Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality apps with ARCore
Build immersive Augmented Reality Applications efficiently
- Learn to use the power of ARCore for building immersive augmented reality and mixed reality apps.
- Extend your application by combining ARCore with shaders, Machine Learning and more.
- Take your Augmented reality app to the next level by combining it with Mixed Reality.
Are you a mobile developer or a web developer who is looking to create immersive and cool Augmented Reality apps with the latest Google ARCore platform? This book will help you to jump right into developing with ARCore and help you create a step by step AR app with it easily.
This book will teach you to implement the core features of ARCore starting from the fundamentals of 3D rendering to more advanced concepts like lighting, shaders, Machine Learning and more.
You will begin with going through the basics of building a project on three platforms namely, Web, Android and Unity. Next, you will go through the ARCore concepts of Motion Tracking, Environmental Understanding and Light Estimation. For each core concept, you will be working on a practical project of using and extending the ARCore feature which will go from learning the basics of 3D rendering and lighting to exploring more advanced concepts. You will be writing custom shaders for lighting virtual objects in AR, followed by building a neural network to recognize the environment and finally looking at grander applications of using ARCore in mixed reality. By the end of the book, you will learn to implement motion tracking, environment learning, creating animations and sounds, generating virtual characters and simulating them on your screen.
What you will learn
- Build and deploy your Augmented Reality app to Android, Web and Unity platforms
- Implement ARCore to identify and visualize objects as point clouds, planes, surfaces and/or meshes
- Explore advanced concepts of environmental understanding using Google ARCore and OpenGL ES with Java
- Create light levels from ARCore and create a C# script to watch and propagate lighting changes across the scene
- Develop graphic shaders that react to changes in lighting and map the environment to place objects in Unity/C#
- Integrate motion tracking with the Web ARCore API and Google Street View to create a combined AR/VR experience
Who This Book Is For