Full-Stack Web Development with Vue.js and Node: Build scalable and powerful web apps with modern web stack: MongoDB, Vue, Node.js, and Express
The book covers a step-by-step guide from building an application with Express.js, creating RESTful APIs with Mongo DB, implementation of Vue.js on frontend, Single Page Application.
- Learn how to construct modern web applications with Node.js, Express.js, MondoDB, and Vue.js
- Gain deep and practical understanding of real-time web applications with real-world examples
MEVN is a one such modern web development stack which comprises of web technologies like MongoDB, Express.js, Vue.js and Node. This book leverages the sweet harmony of these technologies to help you create real-time full stack web applications.
Starting with the core frameworks, this example based guide will explain all the key concepts and of each of the frameworks, how to set them up properly and how to use popular modules to connect them together and make them work cohesively by following the real world examples demonstrated in this book.
The readers will be able to scaffold their web application architecture, add authentication layer, and develop the MVC structure to support the development of your application. You'll learn how to create data models for your applications as well as writing REST APIs exposing your data model to your application. Further down the line we utilize various third party libraries (Socket.io), tools, and frameworks to add real-time functionality to our applications and streamline our daily development lifecycle.
Watch how your application development grows by learning from the only guide that is solely orientated towards building a full, end-to-end, real-time application using the MEVN stack!
What you will learn
- Build an application with Express.js
- Create Schemas using Mongoose
- Build a single page application using Vue.js and Express.js
- Build RESTful APIs using Express.js
- Add test cases to improve the reliability of the application
- Learn how to deploy apps on Heroku using Github
- Add authorization using passport
Who This Book Is For