Solidity Programming Essentials: Quick start to building Smart Contracts for Ethereum and Blockchain
Learn the most powerful and primary programming language for writing smart contracts and find out how to write, deploy, consume, test smart contracts in Ethereum.
- Get you up and running with Solidity Programming language
- Build Ethereum Smart Contracts with Solidity as your scripting language
- Learn to test and deploy the smart contract to your private Blockchain
You will begin with a brief understanding of Blockchain, Ethereum and the Ethereum virtual machine. From here you will be taken through topics that will help you understand the Solidity programming language. You will install all necessary tools to write, test, deploy and debug solidity contracts on Ethereum. You will learn the layout of a Solidity source file and will learn to work with the different data types with Solidity. You will then be taken through solutions while working with the Globally available functions with Solidity. The next set of recipes will help you work with Operators, Control Structures, and Data Structures while building your Smart Contracts. In detain, you will be taken through Function calls, Return types, and Function Modifiers. You will then be taken through recipes in Object Oriented Programming with Solidity. You will then learn to Import, and deploy your smart contracts into your private Blockchain. Furthermore, you will be taken through recipes on Event Logging and Exception Handling and finally, you will be taken through recipes to test and debug your Smart contracts.
What you will learn
- Learn the basics and foundational concepts of Solidity and Ethereum to write smart contract
- Find out how to write, deploy, consume, test smart contracts in Ethereum.
- Learn the security best practices while writing smart contracts
- Learn to create new accounts submit transactions to Blockchain
- Get to know the complete language in detail to write smart contracts.
- Learn major tools to develop, test and deploy smart contracts
- Write defensive code using exception handling and error checking
- Understand debugging process and details for smart contracts
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anyone who would like to get started with Solidity Programming for developing an Ethereum Smart Contract. No knowledge of the EVM is assumed.