- Implement containerization in serverless environment
- Utilise Docker as functional unit of works for Serverless Frameworks
- Use Docker as a portable infrastructure for Serverless Applications
Serverless applications has gained a lot of popularity among developers and is currently the buzz-word in the tech market.
Docker and Serverless are two terms which go exactly hand-in-hand.This book will initially start with explaning the concept of Serverless architecture and development, and why it is important. Then we will introduce the concept of containerization and how Docker fits into the Serverless ideology. We will also cover all the concepts of Function-as-a Service framework with practical use cases followed by deploying and orchestrating these serverless functions using Docker.
By the end of this book, you will be in a position to build a Function-as-a-Service platform using Docker.
What you will learn
- Learn what is Serverless or Function-as-a-Service applications
- Get acquainted with the architecture of a Serverless system
- Explore how Docker technologies could help developing Serverless Applications
- Create and maintain FaaS infrastructures
- Setup Docker infrastructure to serve on-premise FaaS infrastructures
- Define Functions for Serverless applications with Docker containers