Kotlin Standard Library Cookbook: Over 90 recipes to help you learn the latest features of Kotlin and write better code using the Standard Library
$281程序員修煉之道 ：從小工到專家 (The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master)
$250鳳凰計畫：一個 IT計畫的傳奇故事 (The Phoenix Project : A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping your business win)(沙盤特別版)
$290測試架構師修煉之道 : 從測試工程師到測試架構師
$1,350Kotlin in Action (Paperback)
Build optimized applications in Kotlin by learning how to smartly implement standard libraries.
- Get the most out of the Kotlin library to develop high-quality portable applications
- Explore the powerful support for data processing and I/O operations
- Discover ways to enhance your Android application development
Given the verbosity of Java, developers have turned to Kotlin for effective software development. The Kotlin standard library provides vital tools that make day-to-day Kotlin programming easier. This library features the core attributes of the language, such as algorithmic problems, design patterns, data processing, and working with files and data streams.
As you make your way through the chapters, you'll learn how to implement clean, reusable functions and scalable interfaces containing default implementations. In the concluding chapters, we'll provide recipes on functional programming concepts, such as lambdas, monads, functors, and Kotlin scoping functions.
By the end of the book, you'll be able to address a range of problems that Kotlin developers face by implementing easy-to-follow solutions.
What you will learn
- Work with ranges, progressions, and sequences in use cases
- Add new functionalities to current classes with Kotlin extensions
- Understand elements such as lambdas, closures, and monads
- Build a REST API consumer with Retrofit and a coroutine adapter
- Discover useful tips and solutions for making your Android projects
- Explore the benefits of standard library features
Who this book is for
This book is for software developers who are familiar with Kotlin's basics and want to discover more advanced features and concepts, especially those provided by the Kotlin standard library. It's also ideal for experienced software developers who are familiar with the functional programming paradigm and other programming languages who want to switch to Kotlin. It will also help Java developers switch to Kotlin and integrate it into existing Java Virtual Machine (JVM) projects.
Table of Contents
- Charm of ranges, progressions and sequences
- Designing expressive functions and adjustable interfaces
- Shaping code with Kotlin functional programming features
- Powerful data processing
- Tasteful design patterns based on Kotlin built-in concepts
- Friendly I/O operations
- Making Asynchronous programming great again
- Unit tests with JUnit and Kotlin Mockito