Hands-On Functional Programming in RUST: Create modular, reusable, and testable applications
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2018-05-31
- 售價: $1,581
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,502
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 292
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1788839358
- ISBN-13: 9781788839358
Explore the support Rust offers for creating Functional Applications in Rust, learn about various design patterns, implementing concurrency, metaprogramming etc. in the process.
- Learn current state-of-the-art Functional techniques in Rust.
- Modularize your applications and make them highly reusable and testable using functional design patterns.
- Get familiar with complex concepts such as metaprogramming, concurrency, and immutability
Functional programming allows developers to divide programs into smaller, reusable components that ease the creation, testing, and maintenance of software as a whole. Combined with the power of RUST, you can develop robust and scalable applications that fulfill modern day software requirements. This book will help you discover all the RUST features that can be applied to build software in a functional way.
We begin with a brief comparison of functional and object-oriented approach to different problems and patterns. We then quickly look at patterns of control flow, data the abstractions of these unique to functional programming. The next part covers how to create functional apps in Rust; mutability and ownership which are exclusive to Rust are also discussed. Pure functions are examined next and we understand closures, the various types of closures and currying. We also look at implementing concurrency through functional design principles and metaprogramming using macros. Before wrapping up we look at best practices for debugging and optimization.
By the end of the book, you will be familiar with the functional approach of programming and will be able to use these techniques on a daily basis.
What you will learn
- Support offered by Rust for the use of basic Functional Programming principles.
- Use Functional Programming to handle concurrency with safety and elegance.
- Read and interpret complex type signatures for types and functions.
- Implement powerful abstractions using meta programming in Rust.
- Create quality code formulaically using functional design patterns of Rust.
- Familiarize with Rust's complex ownership mechanisms, particularly in regards to mutability.
Who This Book Is For
The reader should be fairly proficient in Rust already, showing an ability to read and understand Rust code. The reader has an interest in further improving their coding abilities in Rust. "Functional Programming in RUST" will now inform these readers of slightly more advanced techniques to improve their skillset.