Explore the high-in demand core DevOps strategies with powerful DevOps tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, and Chef
- Get acquainted with methodologies and tools of the DevOps framework
- Perform continuous integration, delivery, deployment, and monitoring using DevOps tools
- Explore popular tools such as Git, Jenkins, Maven, Gerrit, Nexus, Selenium, and so on
- Embedded with assessments that will help you revise the concepts you have learned in this book
DevOps is the most widely used software engineering culture and practice that aim sat software development and operation. Continuous integration is a cornerstone technique of DevOps that merges software code updates from developers into a shared central mainline.
This book takes a practical approach and covers the tools and strategies of DevOps. It starts with familiarizing you with DevOps framework and then shows how toper form continuous delivery, integration, and deployment with DevOps. You will explore DevOps process maturity frameworks and progression models with checklist templates for each phase of DevOps. You will also be familiar with agile terminology, methodology, and the benefits accrued by an organization by adopting it. You will also get acquainted with popular tools such as Git, Jenkins ,Maven, Gerrit, Nexus, Selenium, and so on.You will learn configuration, automation, and the implementation of infrastructure automation (Infrastructure as Code) with tools such as Chef and Ansible.
This book is ideal for engineers, architects, and developers, who wish to learn the core strategies of DevOps.
This book is embedded with useful assessments that will help you revise the concepts you have learned in this book. This book is repurposed for this specific learning experience from material from Packt's Hands-on DevOps by Sricharan Vadapalli.
What you will learn
- Get familiar with life cycle models, maturity states, progression and best practices of DevOps frameworks
- Learn to set up Jenkins and integrate it with Git
- Know how to build jobs and perform testing with Jenkins
- Implement infrastructure automation (Infrastructure as Code) with tools such as Chef and Ansible
- Understand continuous monitoring process with tools such as Splunk and Nagios
- Learn how Splunk improves the code quality
Who This Book Is For
This book is for engineers, architects, and developers, who wish to learn the core strategies of DevOps.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to DevOps
- DevOps Framework
- DevOps - Continuous Integration and Delivery
- DevOps Continuous Deployment