Windows Server 2016 Administration Cookbook: Core infrastructure, IIS, Remote Desktop Services, Monitoring, and Group Policy
This book contains more than 65 recipes that will equip you with what you need to know to work with Windows 2016 Server. This book will help you learn how to administrate your Windows Server for optimal performance.
- A focussed guide to help you with the core functionalities of Windows Server 2016
- Explore tasks that will help you build a datacenter from scratch using Windows Server 2016
- Step-by-step instructions for common Windows Server administration duties
Windows Server 2016 is an operating system designed to run on servers. It supports enterprise-level data storage, communications, management, and applications. This book contains specially selected, detailed help on core, essential administrative tasks of Windows Server 2016.
This book starts by helping you to navigate the interface of Windows Server 2016, and quickly shifts gears to implementing roles that are necessarily in any Microsoft-centric datacenter.
This book will also help you leverage the web services platform built into Windows Server 2016, available to anyone who runs this latest and greatest Server operating system. Further, you will also learn to compose optimal Group Policies and monitor system performance and IP address management.
This book will be a handy quick-reference guide for any Windows Server administrator, providing easy to read, step-by-step instructions for many common administrative tasks that will be part of any Server Administrator's job description as they administer their Windows Server 2016 powered servers.
The material in the book has been selected from the content of Packt's Windows Server 2016 Cookbook by Jordan Krause to provide a specific focus on key Windows Server administration tasks.
What you will learn
- Become skilled in the navigation of Windows Server 2016, and explore the technologies and options that it provides
- Build the infrastructure required for a successful Windows Server network
- Move away from those open-source web server platforms and start migrating your websites to Server 2016's Internet Information Services today
- Provide a centralized point for users to access applications and data by confguring Remote Desktop Services
- Compose optimal Group Policies
Who This Book Is For
This book is for system administrators or IT professionals who want the skills to manage and maintain the core infrastructure of a Windows Server 2016 environment. Prior experience in Windows Server 2012 R2 environments will be helpful.
Table of Contents
- Learning the Interface
- Core Infrastructure Tasks
- Internet Information Services
- Remote Desktop Services
- Monitoring and Backup
- Group Policy