Hands-On Design Patterns with Delphi: Build applications using idiomatic, extensible and concurrent design patterns in Delphi
Build scalable projects via exploring design patterns in Delphi
- Dive into the core patterns and components of Delphi in order to master your application's design.
- Learn tricks, techniques, and best practices to solve common design and architectural challenges.
- Choose the right patterns to improve the efficiency and productivity of your program.
Design patterns have proven to be the go-to solution for many common programming scenarios. This book will be the only comprehensive guide available covering design patterns applied to the Delphi language. The book goes into finer details of the Delphi language and its capabilities of a runtime library.
This book will take you through a variety of design patterns and explain them with the help of real-world examples. Starting with the short brief about the concept of design patterns and the original set of Gang of Four pattern the book will then discuss the most important antipatterns . Next, you will learn eight most important patterns for each, creational, structural and behavioural type. After that, you'll be introduced to the concept of concurrency patterns - design patterns that are specifically related to multithreading and parallel computation. Finally, we ll wrap up by discussing design patterns that are specific to program design and some interesting categories of patterns that do not fall under the design umbrella.
By the end of the book, you will be able to efficiently address common design problems faced while developing applications and feel confident while building scalable projects.
What you will learn
- Understand concept design patterns and modern programming techniques with Delphi.
- Explore latest additions and modular program design techniques in Delphi.
- Learn about various modern multithreading approaches.
- Discover types of Creational, Structural, Behavioral and Concurrency patterns.
- Learn how to decompose a design problem into small parts.
- Abstract various design approaches and understand their implementations in different circumstances.
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at beginner to intermediate level Delphi developers who want to build scalable and robust applications. Basic knowledge of Delphi is required and all the advanced Delphi concepts are explained in the book.