CompTIA Linux+ Certification Guide: A comprehensive, end-to-end study guide for the LX0-103 and LX0-104 certifications with mock exams
Master the concepts and techniques that will help you gain the LX0-103 and LX0-104 certifications on your first attempt
- Get a clear understanding of how to achieve the Linux+ certification
- Explore system architecture, shell scripts, data management, and Linux security
- Work through practice and mock tests to pass both LX0-103 and LX0-104 exams
Linux+ certification demonstrates technical competency and provides a broad awareness of Linux operating systems. Professionals who have achieved the Linux+ certification exhibit all-important knowledge of installation, operation, administration, and troubleshooting services.
The CompTIA Linux+ Certification Guide is an overview of the certification that gives you insights into the system architecture. You'll understand how to install and uninstall Linux distributions, followed by working with various package managers. Once you've grasped all this, you'll move on to manipulating files and processes at command-line interface (CLI) and creating, monitoring, killing, restarting, and modifying processes.
As you progress, you'll be equipped to work with display managers and learn how to create, modify, and remove user accounts and groups, as well as understand how to automate tasks. The last set of chapters helps you configure dates and set up local and remote system logging. In addition to this, you'll explore different internet protocols, along with discovering network configuration, security administration, Shell scripting, and SQL management.
By the end of this book, you'll not only have got to grips with all the modules using practice questions and mock exams, but you'll also be well prepared to pass the LX0-103 and LX0-104 certification exams.
What you will learn
- Understand the Linux system architecture
- Install, upgrade, and manage Linux system packages
- Configure devices and maintain the Linux filesystem
- Manage the Shell environment, write scripts, and manage data
- Set user interfaces and desktops in the Linux operating system
- Automate system admin tasks and manage essential system services
- Manage SQL server on Linux and log locally and remotely with rsyslogd
- Administer network and local security
Who this book is for
The CompTIA Linux+ Certification Guide is for you if you want to gain the CompTIA Linux+ certificate. This guide is also for system administrators and rookie Linux professionals interested in enhancing their Linux and Shell scripting skills. No prior knowledge of Linux is needed, although some understanding of Shell scripting would be helpful.
Table of Contents
- Configure the hardware settings
- Boot the system
- Change runlevels/boot targets
- Design a Hard Disk layout
- Install a Linux Distribution
- Use Debian Package management
- Use YUM Package management
- Perform file management
- Create, monitor, kill and restart processes
- Modify process execution
- Display Managers
- Manage User & Group accounts
- Automate Tasks
- Maintain system time & logging
- Fundamentals of Internet Protocol
- Network configuration & troubleshooting
- Perform security administrative tasks
- Shell Scripting & SQL data management
- Mock Exam - 1
- Mock Exam - 2