Begin your iOS 12 app development journey with this practical guide
- Kick-start your iOS programming career and have fun building iOS apps of your choice
- Get to grips with Xcode 10 and Swift 4.2
- Discover the latest features of iOS 12 - SiriKit, notifications, and much more
Want to build iOS 12 applications from scratch with the latest Swift 4.2 language and Xcode 10 by your side? Forget sifting through tutorials and blog posts; this book is a direct route to iOS development, taking you through the basics and showing you how to put principles into practice. Take advantage of this developer-friendly guide and start building applications that may just take the App Store by storm!
If you're already an experienced programmer, you can jump right in and learn the latest iOS 12 features. For beginners, this book starts by introducing you to iOS development as you learn Xcode and Swift. You'll also study advanced iOS design topics, such as gestures and animations, to give your app the edge. You'll explore the latest Swift 4.2 and iOS 12 developments by incorporating new features, such as drag and drop, custom-rich notifications, and the recent additions in Sirikit. The book will guide you in using TestFlight to quickly get to grips with everything you need to get your project on the App Store.
By the end of this book, you'll be ready to start building your own cool iOS applications confidently.
What you will learn
- Explore the distinctive design principles that define the iOS user experience
- Navigate panels within an Xcode project
- Use the latest XCode asset catalogue of Xcode 10
- Create a playgrounds project within your projects and understand how Ranges and Control flow work
- Study operations with integers and work your way through if statements
- Build a responsive UI and add privacy to your custom-rich notifications
- Set up Sirikit to add voice for Siri shortcuts
- Collect valuable feedback with TestFlight before releasing your apps on the App Store
Who This Book Is For
This book is for you if you are completely new to Swift, iOS, or programming and want to make iOS applications. However, you'll also find this book useful if you're an experienced programmer looking to explore the latest iOS 12 features.