Learn Go programming with concise examples providing solutions to many common fundamental problems.
- Get comfortable with Go through short, independent, and concise recipes
- Overcome the most common challenges in Go with practical solutions
- Take advantage of the most exciting features of Go such as Goroutines
Go has become increasingly popular. C-like speed, simplicity, and power for a growing number of system-level programming domains make it an attractive option for programmers. This book will help you learn the Go programming language by solving problems developers commonly face with a recipe approach.
You'll start by installing Go binaries and get familiar with the tools needed to develop an application. Then you'll manipulate with strings and use them in built-in function constructs to create a complex value from two floating-point values. Next, you'll learn how to perform arithmetic operations with date and time values, along with parsing them from string values.
Whether you're an expert programmer or a fresh starter, you will learn how various answers are programmed in the Go language, which will take you to the next level of mastery with Go. We cover concurrency in Go, performing various web programming tasks, doing system programming, reading and writing files, and many fundamental Go programming skills, such as proper error handling, and logging.
What you will learn
- Convert types from one to another
- Work with dates and times
- Work with maps and arrays
- Handle errors and perform logging
- Work with files and directories
- Handle HTTP request and responses
- Perform CRUD operations on a relational database
Who this book is for
This book caters to software developers who are interested in learning the Go language, and programmers who want to move forward with practical code examples.
Table of Contents
- Getting started with go
- Manipulating string values
- Type conversions
- Date and time
- Maps and arrays
- Errors and logging
- Files and directories
- System programming
- Web programming
- Relational databases