$2,296OCA / OCP Java SE 8 Programmer Certification Kit: Exam 1Z0-808 and Exam 1Z0-809 (Paperback)
Learn the complete Qt ecosystem and its tools and build UIs for mobile and desktop applications
- Unleash the power of the latest Qt 5.9 with C++14
- Easily compile, run, and debug your applications from the powerful Qt Creator IDE
- Build multi-platform projects that target Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS, Linux, and more
Qt 5.9 is an application development framework that provides a great user experience and develops full-capability applications with Qt Widgets, QML, and even Qt 3D. This learning path demonstrates the power and flexibility of the Qt framework for desktop application development and shows how you can write an application once and deploy it to multiple operating systems. It will address all the challenges while developing cross-platform applications with the Qt framework.
This course will give you a better understanding of the Qt framework and tools to resolve serious issues such as linking, debugging, and multithreading. It will also upskill you by explaining how to create a to-do-style app and taking you through all the stages in building a successful project. You will build a suite of apps; while developing these apps, you'll deepen your knowledge of Qt Quick's layout systems, and see Qt 3D and widgets in action. The next project will be in the industrial and agricultural sectors: making sense of sensor data via a monitoring system. Your apps should run seamlessly across devices and operating systems such as Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac, and be cost-effective by integrating with existing web technologies. You take the role of lead developer and prototype a monitoring system. In doing so, you'll get to know Qt's Bluetooth and HTTP APIs, as well as the Charts and Web Engine UI modules. These projects will help you gain a holistic view of the Qt framework.
What you will learn
- Install and configure the Qt Framework and Qt Creator IDE
- Implement a rich user interface with QML
- Learn the fundamentals of QtTest and how to integrate unit testing
- Create stunning UIs with Qt Widget and Qt Quick
- Develop powerful, cross-platform applications with the Qt framework
- Design GUIs with Qt Designer and build a library in it for UI previews
- Build a desktop UI with widgets and Designer
- Get familiar with multimedia components to handle visual input and output
Who this book is for
This book will appeal to developers and programmers who would like to build GUI-based applications. Knowledge of C++ is necessary and a basic familiarity with Qt would be helpful.