CompTIA Project+ Certification Guide: Learn project management best practices and successfully pass the CompTIA Project+ PK0-004 exam
J. Ashley Hunt
Your perfect companion to prepare for and pass the CompTIA Project+ PK0-004 exam
- Manage project changes and deliver desired project outcomes
- Get enough confidence in clearing the PK0-004 exam with the help of practice questions
- Gain insights from J. Ashley Hunt, an accomplished subject matter expert.
The CompTIA Project+ exam is designed for IT professionals who are looking to improve their career trajectory by gaining a certification in project management that is specific to their industry. The guide will cover everything necessary to take and pass the current iteration of the Project + PK0-004 exam.
CompTIA Project+ Certification Guide starts by covering project initiation best practices including an understanding of organizational structures, team roles, responsibilities and best practices for developing a project charter. You will understand the scope of work well enough to produce the deliverable(s) necessary to obtain formal approval of the end result. The ability to monitor your project work and make changes as needed to bring performance back in line with the plan is the difference between a successful or unsuccessful project. The final section of the book will provide best practices to help keep an eye on your projects and close them out successfully. The guide will also include practice questions created to mirror the exam experience and help solidify your understanding of core project management concepts. By the end of this book, you will be able to develop creative solutions for complex issues faced in Project management.
What you will learn
- Develop a project charter and define team roles and responsibilities
- Plan the project scope, schedule, budget, and risk
- Process change requests and work with procurement documents
- Close a Formal Project or Phase and get an overview of Agile Project Management principles
- Develop a work breakdown structure and WBS dictionary
- Discover best practices for identifying, analyzing and responding to risk
- Get important exam information and discover the next steps
Who This Book Is For
This book is for entry level project managers who are looking for a common language and best practices in the IT project management space as well as a certification for proof of knowledge and career growth potential.