Hands-On RESTful Web Services with ASP.NET Core Design production-ready, testable, and flexible RESTful APIs for web applications and microservices
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
$891Hands-On Software Architecture with C# 8
In recent times, web services have evolved to play a prominent role in web development. Applications are now designed to be compatible with any device and platform, and web services help us keep their logic and UI separate. Given its simplicity and effectiveness in creating web services, the RESTful approach has gained popularity, and this book will help you build RESTful web services using ASP.NET Core.
This REST book begins by introducing you to the basics of the REST philosophy, where you'll study the different stages of designing and implementing enterprise-grade RESTful web services. You'll also gain a thorough understanding of ASP.NET Core's middleware approach and learn how to customize it. The book will later guide you through improving API resilience, securing your service, and applying different design patterns and techniques to achieve a scalable web service. In addition to this, you'll learn advanced techniques for caching, monitoring, and logging, along with implementing unit and integration testing strategies. In later chapters, you will deploy your REST web services on Azure and document APIs using Swagger and external tools such as Postman.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to design RESTful web services confidently using ASP.NET Core with a focus on code testability and maintainability.
Samuele Resca is a software engineer working at Just Eat and primarily focused on web technologies. He is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual Studio and development technologies. Samuele writes software engineering blog posts on Samuele Resca - Blog and The DEV Community, and he contributes to open source projects. He is continuously learning and developing around the web ecosystem with a focus on the .NET Core ecosystem, cloud computing, serverless computing, and reactive programming. Samuele is from Italy, and he currently lives in London.
- REST 101 and Getting Started with ASP.NET Core
- Overview of ASP.NET Core
- Working with the Middleware Pipeline
- Dependency Injection System
- Web Service Stack in ASP.NET Core
- Routing System
- Filter Pipeline
- Building the Data Access Layer
- Implementing the Domain Logic
- Implementing the RESTful HTTP Layer
- Advanced Concepts of Building an API
- The Containerization of Services
- Service Ecosystem Patterns
- Implementing Worker Services Using .NET Core
- Securing Your Service
- Caching Web Service Responses
- Logging and Health Checking
- Deploying Services on Azure
- Documenting Your API Using Swagger
- Testing Services Using Postman