Learn TypeScript 3 by Building Web Applications
DuBois, Sebastien, Georges, Alexis
- Create modern Web applications to help businesses around the world benefit from better quality applications
- Learn the latest features of TypeScript 3 and use them wisely
- Explore TDD practices, OOP techniques, and industry best practices to create high-quality and modular apps
This book is a practical guide to learn the TypeScript programming language. It covers from the very basics to the more advanced concepts, while explaining many design patterns, techniques, frameworks, libraries and tools along the way. You will also learn a ton about modern web frameworks like Angular, Vue.js and React, and you will build cool web applications using those. This book also covers modern front-end development tooling such as Node.js, npm, yarn, Webpack, Parcel, Jest, and many others. Throughout the book, you will also discover and make use of the most recent additions of the language introduced by TypeScript 3 such as new types enforcing explicit checks, flexible and scalable ways of project structuring, and many more breaking changes.
By the end of this book, you will be ready to use TypeScript in your own projects and will also have a concrete view of the current frontend software development landscape.
What you will learn
- Understand and take advantage of TypeScript's powerful Type System
- Grasp the key concepts and features of Angular, React, Vue.js, and NestJS
- Handle asynchronous processes using Promises, async/await, Fetch, RxJS, and more
- Delve into REST, GraphQL and create APIs using Apollo
- Discover testing concepts, techniques, and tools like TDD, BDD, E2E, Jest
- Learn Object-Oriented and Functional Programming concepts and leverage those with TypeScript
- Explore design practices and patterns such as SOLID, MVC, DI and IoC, LoD, AOP, and more
Who this book is for
Sebastien Dubois is a passionate software craftsman and FOSS contributor with many years of experience as a senior developer and technical team leader.
He is an entrepreneur, IT consultant/coach, and owner of DeveloPassion, a Belgian IT firm.
Over the years, Sébastien has worked on backend systems, web applications, architecture, and IT security for various organizations. He has used different programming languages, which gives him a broad perspective on modern software development. He has also been using, teaching, and advocating TypeScript since 2015.
You can find him on Twitter as @dSebastien, on Medium as @dSebastien, or on his personal blog: dsebastien.
Alexis Georges is a developer who is passionate about software development, but also about everything related to IT: open source, system administration, respect for privacy, and many others.
During his studies in programming and networking, he learned the basics of programming and system administration.
You can find him on Twitter as @Super_ITMan and on his blog: SuperITMan.
- Introduction to TypeScript
- Building TodoIt - Your Own Web Application with TypeScript
- Improving TodoIt with Classes and Interfaces
- Leveraging Generics and Enums
- Coding WorldExplorer to Explore the Population of the World
- Introduction to Testing
- Discovering Angular, Angular Material, and RxJS
- Rewriting MediaMan Using Angular and Angular Material
- Introducing Vue.js
- Creating LyricsFinder with Vue.js
- Diving into React, NestJS, GraphQL, and Apollo
- Revisiting LyricsFinder
- What's Next?