Modern Web Development with ASP.NET Core 3 - Second Edition Explore the tools and techniques to build modern web apps and RESTful web services
- Migrate your codebase efficiently to the latest version - ASP.NET Core 3.0
- Delve into MVC patterns, configuration, routing, and deployment to build professional-grade applications
- Improve the performance of applications and the development team by implementing advanced ASP.NET Core concepts
ASP.NET has been the de-facto choice of web developers for a long time. With ASP.NET Core 3, Microsoft has made internal changes to the framework along with introducing new additions that will change the way you approach web development. This second edition of Mastering ASP.NET Core 3 has been thoroughly updated to help you make the most of the latest features in the framework, right from gRPC and conventions through to Blazor.
You'll begin with an overview of the essential topics, exploring the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern, various platforms, dependencies, and frameworks. Next, you'll learn how to set up and configure the MVC environment, before delving into advanced routing options. As you advance, you'll get to grips with controllers and actions to process requests, and later understand how to create HTML inputs into models. Moving on, you'll discover the essential aspects of syntax and processes when working with Razor. You'll even get up to speed with client-side development and explore the testing, logging, scalability and security aspects of ASP.NET Core. Finally, you'll learn how to deploy ASP.NET Core to several environments such as Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Docker.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained comprehensive knowledge of building modern cloud-based web apps on multiple platforms with ASP.Net Core.
What you will learn
- Understand the new capabilities of ASP.NET Core 3.0
- Become well-versed with how to configure ASP.NET Core to use it to its full potential
- Create controllers and action methods, and understand how to maintain state
- Implement and validate forms and retrieve information from them
- Improve productivity by enforcing reuse, process forms, and effective security measures
- Deploy ASP.NET Core applications to new environments such as Microsoft Azure, AWS or Docker
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who knows the basics of ASP.NET MVC and wants to build powerful applications, then this book is for you. Developers who want to explore the latest changes in ASP.NET Core 3.0 to build professional-level applications will also find this book useful. Familiarity with C#, ASP.NET Core, and HTML and CSS is expected to get the most out of this book.