Professional SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery: Implement tried-and-true high availability and disaster recovery solutions with SQL Server
$1,170Expert SQL Server Transactions and Locking: Concurrency Internals for SQL Server Practitioners
Leverage powerful features of the SQL Server and watch your infrastructure transform into a high-performing, reliable network of systems.
- Explore more than 20 real-world use cases to understand SQL Server features
- Get to grips with the SQL Server Always On technology
- Learn how to choose HA and DR topologies for your system
Professional SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery explains the high availability and disaster recovery technologies available in SQL Server: Replication, AlwaysOn, and Log Shipping. You'll learn what they are, how to monitor them, and how to troubleshoot any related problems. You will be introduced to the availability groups of AlwaysOn and learn how to configure them to extend your database mirroring. Through this book, you will be able to explore the technical implementations of high availability and disaster recovery technologies that you can use when you create a highly available infrastructure, including hybrid topologies.
By the end of the book, you'll be equipped with all that you need to know to develop robust and high performance infrastructure.
What you will learn
- Configure and troubleshoot Replication, AlwaysOn, and Log Shipping
- Study the best practices to implement HA and DR solutions
- Design HA and DR topologies for the SQL Server and study how to choose a topology for your environment
- Use T-SQL to configure replication, AlwaysOn, and log shipping
- Migrate from On-Premise SQL Server to Azure SQL Database
- Manage and maintain AlwaysOn availability groups for extended database mirroring
Who this book is for
Professional SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery is for you if you are a database administrator or database developer who wants to improve the performance of your production environment. Prior experience of working with SQL Server will help you get the most out of this book.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with SQL Server HA and DR
- Transactional Replication
- Monitoring Transactional Replication
- AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Managing AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Configuring and Managing Log Shipping