Version Control with Git and GitHub: Discover the most popular source control solutions used by developers worldwid
Alex Magana, Joseph Muli
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
An unreliable versioning tool makes product development a Herculean task. With this course, you learn to create and enforce checks and controls for the introduction, scrutiny, approval, merging, and reversal of changes.
- Explain in detail about version control, its need, and where can it be used
- Demonstrates how to use Git as an individual and as part of a team
- Explains debugging, maintenance, and deployment with Git and GitHub
This course introduces version control, its relevance, and usage. In the first part, you'll learn how to set up and configure Git on your computer. Then, you'll create a repository and use it for exercises throughout the course. Through multiple demos, you'll learn concepts that show various stages of a file - from when it is untracked to when it is set for tracking under version control. You'll see how to navigate the history of a repository, fetch and deliver code to GitHub, and undo code changes. The first part ends with you learning to work with branches, storing and retrieving changes temporarily, and merging the desired changes into a repository.
In the second part, you learn forking as a collaborative workflow. You'll learn addressing modularity and duplication through submodules, tracing and rectifying faulty changes, and maintaining repositories. The second part ends with you learning how to deploy applications using GitHub.
What you will learn
- Understand and implement best practises in version control
- Navigating the GitHub UI and installing octo tree
- Understand what is Feature Branch Workflow and implement its features
- Use forking features, such as submodules and rebasing
- Master commands for debugging and maintaining a repository
- Implement continuous integration with CircleCi or TravisCi
- Gain insight into release management and how GitHub enables software releases
Who This Book Is For
If you want to migrate from other version control tools or want to learn more about Git, you will find this course useful and interesting. Prior experience in coding or familiarity with using the bash command line interface, will enable you to easily grasp concepts.