Learning Path - C# 7 and .NET: Designing Modern Cross-platform Applications: Build powerful cross platforms applications by leveraging the versatility of these programming tools
Mark J. Price, Ovais Mehboob Ahmed Khan
Build your understanding of C# and the .NET Core Framework to create cross-platform applications, and discover how you can optimize web applications with ASP.NET Core 2
- Get to grips with multi-threaded, concurrent, and asynchronous programming in C# and .NET Core
- Build modern, cross-platform applications with .NET Core 2.0 and C# 7.0
- Create efficient web applications with ASP.NET Core 2.0
C# is one of the most widely used programming languages because of its features, such as easy learning curve, versatility, and support for modern paradigms. It is used for a variety of applications, such as desktop apps, background services, web applications, and mobile apps. Also, the .NET Core is open sourced and is compatible with Mac OS and Linux apart from Windows. With this wide versatility, there is no limit to what you can achieve through C# and .NET Core.
This Learning Path is your one-stop comprehensive guide to learn how to build powerful cross-platform applications with C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0. It will begin with the basics of C# as well as Object-oriented programming before taking a tour through the latest features of C# such as tuples, pattern matching, out variables, and so on. You will then explore the .NET Standard 2.0 class libraries, and ASP.NET Core 2.0 and learn how to create professional websites, services, and applications. Later, you will become familiar with mobile app development using Xamarin.Forms. You will also learn to and.develop high performing applications by writing optimized code and using the various profiling techniques.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will be equipped with all the knowledge required to build modern, cross-platform applications using C# and .NET.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- C# 7.1 and .NET Core 2.0 - Modern Cross-Platform Development - Third Edition by Mark J. Price
- C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0 High Performance by Ovais Mehboob Ahmed Khan
What you will learn
- Build cross-platform applications using C# 7 and .NET Core
- Explore ASP.NET Core to create professional web applications
- Master OOP with C# to increase code reuse and efficiency
- Protect your data by using encryption and hashing
- Measure application performance using BenchmarkDotNet
- Use design techniques to increase your application's performance
- Learn about memory management techniques in .NET Core
- Learn tools and techniques to monitor application performance
Who This Book Is For
This Learning Path is designed for developers who want to gain a solid foundation with C# and .NET Core, and want to build cross-platform applications. To gain maximum benefits from this Learning Path, you must have the basic knowledge of C#.