Learning Path - Spring 5: End to End Programming: Build modern Java applications and microservices with Spring 5, Spring Boot 2.0, and Spring Cloud.
Claudio Eduardo de Oliveira, Dinesh Rajput, Rajesh R V
Leverage this rich and mature framework to quickly build and deploy production-ready microservices within the Java and JVM ecosystem
- Learn about the Spring framework by building three real-world projects
- Master efficient application development with patterns, such as proxy and singleton
- Use Docker and Mesos to build successful microservices
Spring Framework has been the most popular choice among Java developers when it comes to developing applications for the web or for the enterprises. With its wide variety of tools and features, it offers a developer experience that is rivaled by none.
This Learning Path is all about leveraging those features to and developing your own line of business applications with hands-on examples. You will build applications of increasing complexity, such as a CMS app, a messaging app, and a real-world microservice. While developing these applications you will learn about Project reactor in Spring, Spring Webflux, Spring Data, and Angular. You will build these applications using standard design patterns in Spring which would help you solve common design problems with ease.
By the end of the Learning Path, you would be well equipped to develop enterprise applications on the web using Spring 5.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Spring 5.0 By Example by Claudio Eduardo de Oliveira
- Spring 5 Design Patterns by Dinesh Rajput
- Spring 5.0 Microservices by Dinesh Rajput
What you will learn
- Implement REST APIs with Spring REST support
- Introduce Reactive Programming and use this with Spring Webflux
- Develop applications using dependency injection patterns
- Learn best practices to design enterprise applications
- Build web applications using traditional Spring MVC patterns
- Implement caching to improve application performance
- Handle logging and monitoring microservices
- Manage internet-scale microservices using Docker, Mesos, and Marathon
Who This Book Is For
If you're a developer starting out with Spring, then this learning path will help you learn about the new Spring 5.0 framework concepts followed by their implementation in Java and Kotlin. If you are an experienced Spring developer, then this Learning Path will enable you to gain insights into the new features added in Spring 5.0.