- Build a proof-of-concept project to demonstrate your familiarity with TestCafe
- Discover useful tips and best practices for building production-ready and fault-tolerant tests
- Write clean and maintainable tests by refactoring your codebase using PageObject pattern
TestCafe is an open source end-to-end testing framework that combines unmatched ease of use with advanced automation and robust built-in stability mechanisms. This book is a comprehensive, project-based introduction to TestCafe that will show you how to use the TestCafe framework and enable you to write fast and reliable tests; plus you'll have a proof of concept ready to demonstrate the practical potential of TestCafe.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned how to write and enhance end-to-end tests with TestCafe to solve real-world problems and deliver results.
What you will learn
- Understand the basic concepts of TestCafe and how it differs from classic Selenium
- Find out how to set up a TestCafe test environment
- Run TestCafe with command-line settings
- Verify and execute TestCafe code in the browser
- Automate end-to-end testing with TestCafe using expert techniques
- Discover best practices in TestCafe development and learn about the future roadmap of TestCafe
Who this book is for
Dmytro has over 10 years of experience in Quality Assurance, Software Testing, and Software as a Service industries. Skilled in end-to-end, load, and API test automation, he is certified by the ISTQB. During his successful career, Dmytro led the quality assurance automation for the platform of 60+ highly scalable web applications and services, built and maintained numerous test automation frameworks, managed distributed teams of QA automation engineers, mentored, and helped to convert manual test engineers to test automation. You can often find Dmytro creating and open-sourcing new test automation frameworks, mentoring other QA engineers or exploring new tools and techniques for automated testing. He shares his experience at stijit.com.
- Why TestCafe?
- Exploring TestCafe Under the Hood
- Setting Up the Environment
- Building a Test Suite with TestCafe
- Improving the Tests
- Refactoring with PageObjects
- Findings from TestCafe