Metabase Up and Running: Introduce business intelligence and analytics to your company and make better business decisions
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2020-09-30
- 售價: $1,480
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,406
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 332
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 1800202318
- ISBN-13: 9781800202313
Ask questions of your data and gain insights to make better business decisions using the open source business intelligence tool, Metabase
- Deploy Metabase applications to let users across your organization interact with it
- Learn to create data visualizations, charts, reports, and dashboards with the help of a variety of examples
- Understand how to embed Metabase into your website and send out reports automatically using email and Slack
Metabase is an open source business intelligence tool that helps you use data to answer questions about your business. This book will give you a detailed introduction to using Metabase in your organization to get the most value from your data.
You'll start by installing and setting up Metabase on your local computer. You'll then progress to handling the administration aspect of Metabase by learning how to configure and deploy Metabase, manage accounts, and execute administrative tasks such as adding users and creating permissions and metadata. Complete with examples and detailed instructions, this book shows you how to create different visualizations, charts, and dashboards to gain insights from your data. As you advance, you'll learn how to share the results with peers in your organization and cover production-related aspects such as embedding Metabase and auditing performance. Throughout the book, you'll explore the entire data analytics process-from connecting your data sources, visualizing data, and creating dashboards through to daily reporting.
By the end of this book, you'll be ready to implement Metabase as an integral tool in your organization.
What you will learn
- Explore different types of databases and find out how to connect them to Metabase
- Deploy and host Metabase securely using Amazon Web Services
- Use Metabase's user interface to filter and aggregate data on single and multiple tables
- Become a Metabase admin by learning how to add users and create permissions
- Answer critical questions for your organization by using the Notebook editor and writing SQL queries
- Use the search functionality to search through tables, dashboards, and metrics
Who this book is for
This book is for business analysts, data analysts, data scientists, and other professionals who want to become well-versed with business intelligence and analytics using Metabase. This book will also appeal to anyone who wants to understand their data to extract meaningful insights with the help of practical examples. A basic understanding of data handling and processing is necessary to get started with this book.
Tim Abraham is originally from Oakland, California, and currently living in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has been working in Data Science for 10 years, spending his time working at consumer technology companies like StumbleUpon, Twitter, and Airbnb and advising a few others. He also spent time as a Data Scientist in Residence at Expa, the Startup Studio that Metabase came out of, which is where he got to know the product and the founding team.
Table of Contents
- Overview of Metabase
- Hosting Metabase on AWS
- Setting Up Metabase
- Connecting to Databases
- Building Your Data Model
- Creating Questions
- Creating Visualizations
- Building Dashboards, Pulses, and Collections
- Using the SQL Console
- Advanced Features, Getting Help, and Contributing