Fearless Cross-Platform Development with Delphi: Expand your Delphi skills to build a new generation of Windows, web, mobile, and IoT applications (Paperback)
Learn to rapidly build and deploy cross-platform applications from a single codebase with practical, real-world solutions using the mature Delphi 10.4 programming environment
- Implement Delphi's modern features to build professional-grade Windows, web, mobile, and IoT applications and powerful servers
- Become a Delphi code and project guru by learning best practices and techniques for cross-platform development
- Deploy your complete end-to-end application suite anywhere
Delphi is a strongly typed, event-driven programming language with a rich ecosystem of frameworks and support tools. It comes with an extensive set of web and database libraries for rapid application development on desktop, mobile, and internet-enabled devices. This book will help you keep up with the latest IDE features and provide a sound foundation of project management and recent language enhancements to take your productivity to the next level.
You'll discover how simple it is to support popular mobile device features such as sensors, cameras, and GPS. The book will help you feel comfortable working with FireMonkey and styles and incorporating 3D user interfaces in new ways. As you advance, you'll be able to build cross-platform solutions that not only look native but also take advantage of a wide array of device capabilities. You'll also learn how to use embedded databases, such as SQLite and InterBase ToGo, synchronizing them with your own custom backend servers or modules using the powerful RAD Server engine. The book concludes by sharing tips for testing and deploying your end-to-end application suite for a smooth user experience.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to deliver modern enterprise applications using Delphi confidently.
What You Will Learn:
- Discover the latest enhancements in the Delphi IDE
- Overcome the barriers that hold you back from embracing cross-platform development
- Become fluent with FireMonkey controls, styles, LiveBindings, and 3D objects
- Build Delphi packages to extend RAD Server or modularize your applications
- Use FireDAC to get quick and direct access to any data
- Leverage IoT technologies such as Bluetooth and Beacons and learn how to put your app on a Raspberry Pi
- Enable remote apps with backend servers on Windows and Linux through REST APIs
- Develop modules for IIS and Apache web servers
Who this book is for:
This book is for Delphi developers interested in expanding their skillset beyond Windows programming by creating professional-grade applications on multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and back-office servers. You'll also find this book useful if you're a developer looking to upgrade your knowledge of Delphi to keep up with the latest changes and enhancements in this powerful toolset. Some Delphi programming experience is necessary to make the most out of this book.