Mastering Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020- Second Edition
An example-driven guide to take your image editing skills from beginner to advanced using powerful Photoshop Elements tools and techniques in tandem with Adobe's latest AI technology
- Updated to the latest version of Photoshop Elements 2020 with focused coverage on Adobe's latest AI technology
- Organize, search, and keep track of an ever-increasing number of images and videos using expert practices
- Discover common solutions to a wide range of photographic and image-editing problems
Adobe Photoshop Elements is a raster graphics editor for entry-level photographers, image editors, and hobbyists. Updated and improved to cover the latest features of Photoshop Elements 2020, this second edition includes focused coverage of Adobe's new AI-powered features that are designed to make the editing process more efficient, creative and fun.
This book takes you through the complexities of image editing in easy-to-follow, bite-sized chunks, helping you to quickly recognize the editing challenge at hand and use suitable tools and techniques to overcome it. You'll start by learning how to import, organize, manage, edit, and use your pictures in a format that's designed for creative photography projects. Throughout this Adobe Photoshop Elements book, you'll discover how to fix different photographic problems using an extensive repertoire of commonly applied solutions. Common processes such as applying artistic effects to creative projects, custom image makeovers, processing images for social media, and other file export methods will also be covered.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned about the impressive tools available in Photoshop Elements 2020, and how it is designed not only for photographers who'd like to dip their toes into the editing world, but also for those wanting simple but effective ideas on how to expand their creativity while remaining time-efficient.
What you will learn
- Explore the automatic AI-powered features designed to make the editing process faster and more efficient
- Add graphic elements to any composition, photograph, or illustration
- Overcome challenges in editing multi-layered images for your photography projects
- Develop illustrative skills using Photoshop Elements' drawing tools
- Learn techniques for professional photo retouching
- Work with online and local templates to create calendars, greeting cards, and other projects
Who this book is for
This book is for creative and enthusiastic photographers with elementary experience in photo editing. If you are looking to organize your picture collection and take control of post-processing requirements, you'll find this book useful. Though not necessary, photography skills alongside basic photo editing knowledge will help you to get the most out of this book.
Robin Nichols has always had a great love for recording the world with a camera. After finishing school, he studied fine art, before moving to Nottingham Trent University where he attained a degree in creative photography. He subsequently worked in the advertising industry for several years, before emigrating to Australia in 1985. Robin has always worked in photography: as a black-and-white printer, a cameraman, a stock photographer, and as a freelance photographer.
- Photoshop Elements Features Overview
- Setting Up Photoshop Elements from Scratch
- The Basics of Image Editing
- Image Makeover
- Easy Creative Projects
- Advanced Techniques: Layers and Masking
- Advanced Techniques: Retouching, Selections, and Text
- Advanced Drawing and Painting Techniques
- Exporting the Finished Work
- Best Practices
- Feature Appendix