Android Programming for Beginners: Build in-depth, full-featured Android apps starting from zero programming experience
Learn the Java and Android skills you need to start developing powerful mobile applications with the help of actionable steps
- Kick-start your Android programming career or just have fun publishing apps to the Google Play marketplace
- Get a first principles introduction to using Java and Android and prepare to start building your own apps from scratch
- Learn by example by building four real-world apps and dozens of mini apps
Do you want to make a career in programming but don't know where to start? Do you have a great idea for an app but don't know how to make it a reality? Or are you worried that you'll have to learn Java programming to become an Android developer? Look no further! This new and expanded third edition of Android Programming for Beginners will be your guide to creating Android applications from scratch.
The book starts by introducing you to all the fundamental concepts of programming in an Android context, from the basics of Java to working with the Android API. You'll learn with the help of examples that use up-to-date API classes and are created within Android Studio, the official Android development environment that helps supercharge your mobile application development process. After a crash course on the key programming concepts, you'll explore Android programming and get to grips with creating applications with a professional-standard UI using fragments and storing user data with SQLite. This Android Java book also shows you how you can make your apps multilingual, draw on the screen with a finger, and work with graphics, sound, and animations.
By the end of this Android programming book, you'll be ready to start building your own custom applications in Android and Java.
What You Will Learn:
- Understand the fundamentals of coding in Java for Android
- Install and set up your Android development environment
- Build functional user interfaces with the Android Studio visual designer
- Add user interaction, data captures, sound, and animation to your apps
- Manage your apps' data using the built-in Android SQLite database
- Explore the design patterns used by professionals to build top-grade applications
- Build real-world Android applications that you can deploy to the Google Play marketplace
Who this book is for:
This Android book is for you if you are completely new to Java, Android, or programming and want to get started with Android app development. If you have experience of using Java on Android, this book will serve as a refresher to help you advance your knowledge and make progress through the early projects covered in the book.