Smart Robotics with LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor: Learn to play with the LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor kit and build creative robots
Discover how to use the LEGO MINDSTORMS Inventor kit and boost your confidence in robotics
- Gain confidence in building robots using creative designs
- Learn advanced robotic features and find out how to integrate them to build a robot
- Work with the block coding language used in robotics software in a practical way
LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor is the latest addition to the LEGO MINDSTORMS theme. It features unique designs that you can use to build robots, and also enable you to perform activities using the robot inventor application.
You'll begin by exploring the history of LEGO MINDSTORMS, and then delve into various elements of the Inventor kit. Moving on, you'll start working on different projects which will prepare you to build a variety of smart robots. The first robotic project involves designing a claw to grab objects, and helps you to explore how a smart robot is used in everyday life and in industry. The second project revolves around building a working guitar that can be played and modified to meet the needs of the user. As you advance, you'll explore the concept of biomimicry as you discover how to build a scorpion robot. In addition to this, you'll also work on a classic robotic challenge by building a sumobot. Throughout the book, you'll come across a variety of projects that will provide you with hands-on experience in building creative robots, such as building a Dragster, Egg Decorator, and Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants.
By the end of this LEGO book, you'll have got to grips with the concepts behind building a robot, and also found creative ways to integrate them using the application based on your creative insights and ideas.
What You Will Learn:
- Discover how the Robot Inventor kit works, and explore its parts and the elements inside them
- Delve into the block coding language used to build robots
- Find out how to create interactive robots with the help of sensors
- Understand the importance of real-world robots in today's landscape
- Recognize different ways to build new ideas based on existing solutions
- Design basic to advanced level robots using the Robot Inventor kit
Who this book is for:
This book is for robot enthusiasts, LEGO lovers, hobbyists, educators, students, and anyone looking to learn about the new LEGO Robot Inventor kit. This book is designed to go beyond the basic build through to intermediate and advanced builds, and enables you to add your personal flair to the builds and codes.