Cybersecurity Leadership Demystified: A comprehensive guide to becoming a world-class modern cybersecurity leader and global CISO (Paperback)
Dr. Erdal Ozkaya
- Discover tips and expert advice from the leading CISO and author of many cybersecurity books
- Become well-versed with a CISO's day-to-day responsibilities and learn how to perform them with ease
- Understand real-world challenges faced by a CISO and find out the best way to solve them
The chief information security officer (CISO) is responsible for an organization's information and data security. The CISO's role is challenging as it demands a solid technical foundation as well as effective communication skills. This book is for busy cybersecurity leaders and executives looking to gain deep insights into the domains important for becoming a competent cybersecurity leader.
The book begins by introducing you to the CISO's role, where you'll learn key definitions, explore the responsibilities involved, and understand how you can become an efficient CISO. You'll then be taken through end-to-end security operations and compliance standards to help you get to grips with the security landscape. In order to be a good leader, you'll need a good team. This book guides you in building your dream team by familiarizing you with HR management, documentation, and stakeholder onboarding. Despite taking all that care, you might still fall prey to cyber attacks; this book will show you how to quickly respond to an incident to help your organization minimize losses, decrease vulnerabilities, and rebuild services and processes. Finally, you'll explore other key CISO skills that'll help you communicate at both senior and operational levels.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained a complete understanding of the CISO's role and be ready to advance your career.
What you will learn
- Understand the key requirements to become a successful CISO
- Explore the cybersecurity landscape and get to grips with end-to-end security operations
- Assimilate compliance standards, governance, and security frameworks
- Find out how to hire the right talent and manage hiring procedures and budget
- Document the approaches and processes for HR, compliance, and related domains
- Familiarize yourself with incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity
- Get the hang of tasks and skills other than hardcore security operations
Who this book is for
This book is for aspiring as well as existing CISOs. This book will also help cybersecurity leaders and security professionals understand leadership in this domain and motivate them to become leaders. A clear understanding of cybersecurity posture and a few years of experience as a cybersecurity professional will help you to get the most out of this book.
Dr. Erdal Ozkaya is a technically sophisticated executive leader with a solid education and strong business acumen. Over the course of his progressive career, he has developed a keen aptitude for facilitating the integration of standard operating procedures that ensure the optimal functionality of all technical functions and systems. Being a proactive communicator, trusted partner, and skilled analyst, he is highly adept at building dynamic teams that work together to expedite operational goals, priorities, and objectives. As a result, he is poised to conduct reviews and investigations with prompt efficiency and provide thorough and informative reports to both internal and external stakeholders.
Dr. Erdal Ozkaya博士是一位技術精湛的執行領導者，擁有扎實的教育背景和強大的商業頭腦。在他不斷發展的職業生涯中，他已經培養了促進標準作業程序整合的敏銳能力，以確保所有技術功能和系統的最佳功能。作為一位積極主動的溝通者、值得信賴的合作夥伴和熟練的分析師，他非常擅長建立協同工作的動態團隊，以加快實現運營目標、優先事項和目標。因此，他有能力以迅速高效的方式進行審查和調查，並向內部和外部利益相關者提供全面且有價值的報告。
Table of Contents
- A CISO's Role in Security Leadership
- End-to-End Security Operations
- Compliance and Regulations
- Role of HR in Security
- How Documentation Contributes to Security
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Bringing Stakeholders On Board
- Other CISO Tasks
- Congratulations! You Are Hired
- Security Leadership
- Ask the Experts