Azure Synapse Analytics Cookbook: Implement a limitless analytical platform using effective recipes for Azure Synapse
Agarwal, Gaurav, Muralidharan, Meenakshi
Whether you're an Azure veteran or just getting started, get the most out of your data with effective recipes for Azure Synapse
- Discover new techniques for using Azure Synapse, regardless of your level of expertise
- Integrate Azure Synapse with other data sources to create a unified experience for your analytical needs using Microsoft Azure
- Learn how to embed data governance and classification with Synapse Analytics by integrating Azure Purview
As data warehouse management becomes increasingly integral to successful organizations, choosing and running the right solution is more important than ever. Microsoft Azure Synapse is an enterprise-grade, cloud-based data warehousing platform, and this book holds the key to using Synapse to its full potential. If you want the skills and confidence to create a robust enterprise analytical platform, this cookbook is a great place to start.
You'll learn and execute enterprise-level deployments on medium-to-large data platforms. Using the step-by-step recipes and accompanying theory covered in this book, you'll understand how to integrate various services with Synapse to make it a robust solution for all your data needs. Whether you're new to Azure Synapse or just getting started, you'll find the instructions you need to solve any problem you may face, including using Azure services for data visualization as well as for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions.
By the end of this Azure book, you'll have the skills you need to implement an enterprise-grade analytical platform, enabling your organization to explore and manage heterogeneous data workloads and employ various data integration services to solve real-time industry problems.
What you will learn
- Discover the optimal approach for loading and managing data
- Work with notebooks for various tasks, including ML
- Run real-time analytics using Azure Synapse Link for Cosmos DB
- Perform exploratory data analytics using Apache Spark
- Read and write DataFrames into Parquet files using PySpark
- Create reports on various metrics for monitoring key KPIs
- Combine Power BI and Serverless for distributed analysis
- Enhance your Synapse analysis with data visualizations
Who this book is for
This book is for data architects, data engineers, and developers who want to learn and understand the main concepts of Azure Synapse analytics and implement them in real-world scenarios.
Gaurav Agarwal is a cloud solution architect at Microsoft India Corp. Ltd, working closely with Microsoft clients on Azure data and AI, Azure ML, big data, IoT, and Power BI. He has extensive experience in architecting and transforming data solutions for the modern cloud, and expertise in building large-scale enterprise data warehouse solutions.
Meenakshi Muralidharan leads modern data platforms and is a renowned chief architect for an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company. She has extensive experience in building large scale data platforms and applications in Microsoft Azure.
1. Choosing the Optimal Method for Loading Data to Synapse
2. Creating Robust Data Pipelines and Data Transformation
3. Processing Data Optimally across Multiple Nodes
4. Engineering Real-time Analytics with Azure Synapse Link Using Cosmos DB
5. Data Transformation and Processing with Synapse Notebooks
6. Enriching Data Using the Azure ML AutoML Regression Model
7. Visualizing and Reporting Petabytes of Data
8. Data Cataloging and Governance
9. MPP Platform Migration to Synapse