Learn Azure Administration
Solve your common Azure and Azure DevOps administration problems related to networking, storage and identity management.
- Understand the different administration patterns for different architectures
- Learn the best practices for administering different IT systems hosted in Azure
- Effectively administer, automate, and manage your Azure cloud environment
Microsoft Azure is one of the upcoming cloud platforms that provide cost effective solutions and services which helps businesses overcome complex infrastructure challenges. The main goal of this book is to scale your cloud administration skills with Microsoft Azure.
This book will start off with an introduction to the management of Azure subscriptions, and explain how to manage Azure resources. Next, you will configure and manage virtual networks and how to integrate them with a set of Azure services. You will then handle the identity and security for users with the help of Azure Active Directory and manage access from a single place using policies and defined roles. Going forward, you will get familiar with receipts to manage virtual machines. The next set of chapters will deal with solving advanced problems like DDoS protection, load balancing or networking for containers. You will also set up file servers, as well as manage and store backups. Later, you will be reviewing monitoring solutions and backup plans for a host of services. The last set of chapters will help you integrate different services with Azure Event Grid, Azure Automation and Azure Logic Apps. You will also learn to manage Azure DevOps towards the end.
By the end of this book, you will be proficient enough to easily administer your Azure-based cloud environment.
What you will learn
- Get an overview of different Azure services and connections between them
- Secure and integrate different Azure components using networking
- Understand the different models of identity and access management (IAM)
- Gain an experience in setting up monitoring and logging solutions
- Manage Azure DevOps to build a complete skill set of Azure administration activities
- Learn proper scaling patterns for small and big workloads
Who This Book Is For
This book is directed towards IT administrators, who want to build up their skill set and enter the world of cloud computing. IT professionals and engineers, who need practical guides for the most common Azure problems and actions and are already familiar with some of the Azure offerings and services will find this book useful. Understanding of basic cloud concepts like IaaS, PaaS, responsibility models and basic knowledge of virtualization, networking, security management and Azure services is essential.