Vardan Grigoryan , Shunguang Wu
Design and architect real-world scalable C++ applications by exploring advanced techniques in low-level programming, object-oriented programming (OOP), the Standard Template Library (STL), metaprogramming, and concurrency
- Design professional-grade, maintainable apps by learning advanced concepts such as functional programming, templates, and networking
- Apply design patterns and best practices to solve real-world problems
- Improve the performance of your projects by designing concurrent data structures and algorithms
C++ has evolved over the years and the latest release – C++20 – is now available. Since C++11, C++ has been constantly enhancing the language feature set. With the new version, you’ll explore an array of features such as concepts, modules, ranges, and coroutines. This book will be your guide to learning the intricacies of the language, techniques, C++ tools, and the new features introduced in C++20, while also helping you apply these when building modern and resilient software.
You’ll start by exploring the latest features of C++, and then move on to advanced techniques such as multithreading, concurrency, debugging, monitoring, and high-performance programming. The book will delve into object-oriented programming principles and the C++ Standard Template Library, and even show you how to create custom templates. After this, you’ll learn about different approaches such as test-driven development (TDD), behavior-driven development (BDD), and domain-driven design (DDD), before taking a look at the coding best practices and design patterns essential for building professional-grade applications. Toward the end of the book, you will gain useful insights into the recent C++ advancements in AI and machine learning.
By the end of this C++ programming book, you’ll have gained expertise in real-world application development, including the process of designing complex software.
What you will learn
- Understand memory management and low-level programming in C++ to write secure and stable applications
- Discover the latest C++20 features such as modules, concepts, ranges, and coroutines
- Understand debugging and testing techniques and reduce issues in your programs
- Design and implement GUI applications using Qt5
- Use multithreading and concurrency to make your programs run faster
- Develop high-end games by using the object-oriented capabilities of C++
- Explore AI and machine learning concepts with C++
Who this book is for
This C++ book is for experienced C++ developers who are looking to take their knowledge to the next level and perfect their skills in building professional-grade applications.
Vardan Grigoryan is a senior backend engineer and C++ developer with more than 9 years of experience. Vardan started his career as a C++ developer and then moved to the world of server-side backend development. While being involved in designing scalable backend architectures, he always tries to incorporate the use of C++ in critical sections that require the fastest execution time. Vardan loves tackling computer systems and program structures on a deeper level. He believes that true excellence in programming can be achieved by means of a detailed analysis of existing solutions and by designing complex systems.
Shunguang Wu is a senior professional staff at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, and received his PhDs in theoretical physics and electrical engineering from Northwestern University (China) and Wright State University (USA), respectively. He published about 50 reviewed journal papers in the area of nonlinear dynamics, statistical signal processing and computer vision in his early career. His professional C++ experience started with teaching undergraduate courses in the late 1990s. Since then he has been designing and developing lots of R&D and end-user application software using C++ in world-class academic and industrial laboratories. These projects span both the Windows and Linux platforms.
- Introduction to Building C++ Applications
- Low-Level Programming with C++
- Details of Object-Oriented Programming
- Understanding and Designing Templates
- Memory Management and Smart Pointers
- Digging into Data Structures and Algorithms in STL
- Functional Programming
- Concurrency and Multithreading
- Designing Concurrent Data Structures
- Designing World-Ready Applications
- Designing a Strategy Game Using Design Patterns
- Networking and Security
- Debugging and Testing
- Graphical User Interface with Qt
- Using C++ in Machine Learning Tasks
- Implementing a Dialog-Based Search Engine