Quantum Computing and Blockchain in Business
- Take a practical perspective on quantum computing and Blockchain technologies and their impacts on key industries
- Gain insights from experts who are applying quantum computing or Blockchain in their fields
- See where quantum computing and Blockchain are heading, and where the two may intersect
Are quantum computing and Blockchain on a collision course or will they be the most important trends of this decade to disrupt industries and life as we know it?
Fintech veteran and venture capitalist Arunkumar Krishnakumar cuts through the hype to bring us a first-hand look into how quantum computing and Blockchain together are redefining industries, including fintech, healthcare, and research. Through a series of interviews with domain experts, he also explores these technologies’ potential to transform national and global governance and policies – from how elections are conducted and how smart cities can be designed and optimized for the environment, to what cyberwarfare enabled by quantum cryptography might look like. In doing so, he also highlights challenges that these technologies have to overcome to go mainstream.
Quantum Computing and Blockchain in Business explores the potential changes that quantum computing and Blockchain might bring about in the real world. After expanding on the key concepts and techniques, such as applied cryptography, qubits, and digital annealing, that underpin quantum computing and Blockchain, the book dives into how major industries will be impacted by these technologies. Lastly, we consider how the two technologies may come together in a complimentary way.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of quantum computing and Blockchain
- Gain insights from the experts who are using quantum computing and Blockchain
- Discover the implications of these technologies for governance and healthcare
- Learn how Blockchain and quantum computing may influence logistics and finance
- Understand how these technologies are impacting research in areas such as chemistry
- Find out how these technologies may help the environment and influence smart city development
- Understand the implications for cybersecurity as these technologies evolve
Who this book is for
This book is for tech enthusiasts – developers, architects, managers, consultants, and venture capitalists – working in or interested in the latest developments in quantum computing and blockchain. While the book introduces key ideas, terms, and techniques used in these technologies, the main goal of this book is to prime readers for the practical adoption and applications of these technologies across varies industries and walks of life.
Arunkumar Krishnakumar is an investor at Green Shores Capital, a Venture Capital firm focusing on deep tech and diversity. In addition to his venture career, Arun is one of the top 100 Onalytica Fintech influencers. He is a podcast host and was a blogger on DailyFintech, which is the second most read Fintech blog in the world. Arun has contributed circa 150 blog posts over a period of 3 years at DailyFintech.
An engineer by background, Arun holds a Masters in Finance from London School of Economics and a post graduate diploma in Global Business from Said Business School, University of Oxford.
(N.B. Please use the Look Inside option to see further chapters)
- Introduction to Quantum Computing and Blockchain
- Quantum Computing – Key Discussion Points
- The Data Economy
- The Impact on Financial Services
- Interview with Dr. Dave Snelling, Fujitsu Fellow
- The Impact on Healthcare and Pharma
- Interview with Dr. B. Rajathilagam, Head of AI Research, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- The Impact on Governance
- Interview with Max Henderson, Senior Data Scientist, Rigetti and QxBranch
- The Impact on Smart Cities and Environment
- Interview with Sam McArdle, Quantum Computing Researcher at the University of Oxford
- The Impact on Chemistry
- The Impact on Logistics