Cybersecurity - Attack and Defense Strategies - Second Edition
Yuri Diogenes , Erdal Ozkaya
$403Linux 防火牆, 4/e (Linux Firewalls: Enhancing Security with nftables and Beyond, 4/e)
$1,121Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking
- Covers the latest security threats and defense strategies for 2020
- Introduces techniques and skillsets required to conduct threat hunting and deal with a system breach
- Provides new information on Cloud Security Posture Management, Microsoft Azure Threat Protection, Zero Trust Network strategies, Nation State attacks, the use of Azure Sentinel as a cloud-based SIEM for logging and investigation, and much more
Cybersecurity – Attack and Defense Strategies, Second Edition is a completely revised new edition of the bestselling book, covering the very latest security threats and defense mechanisms including a detailed overview of Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) and an assessment of the current threat landscape, with additional focus on new IoT threats and cryptomining.
Cybersecurity starts with the basics that organizations need to know to maintain a secure posture against outside threat and design a robust cybersecurity program. It takes you into the mindset of a Threat Actor to help you better understand the motivation and the steps of performing an actual attack – the Cybersecurity kill chain. You will gain hands-on experience in implementing cybersecurity using new techniques in reconnaissance and chasing a user's identity that will enable you to discover how a system is compromised, and identify and then exploit the vulnerabilities in your own system.
This book also focuses on defense strategies to enhance the security of a system. You will also discover in-depth tools, including Azure Sentinel, to ensure there are security controls in each network layer, and how to carry out the recovery process of a compromised system.
What you will learn
- The importance of having a solid foundation for your security posture
- Use cyber security kill chain to understand the attack strategy
- Boost your organization's cyber resilience by improving your security policies, hardening your network, implementing active sensors, and leveraging threat intelligence
- Utilize the latest defense tools, including Azure Sentinel and Zero Trust Network strategy
- Identify different types of cyberattacks, such as SQL injection, malware and social engineering threats such as phishing emails
- Perform an incident investigation using Azure Security Center and Azure Sentinel
- Get an in-depth understanding of the disaster recovery process
- Understand how to consistently monitor security and implement a vulnerability management strategy for on-premises and hybrid cloud
- Learn how to perform log analysis using the cloud to identify suspicious activities, including logs from Amazon Web Services and Azure
Who this book is for
For the IT professional venturing into the IT security domain, IT pentesters, security consultants, or those looking to perform ethical hacking. Prior knowledge of penetration testing is beneficial.
Yuri Diogenes is a professor at EC-Council University for their master's degree in cybersecurity and a Senior Program Manager at Microsoft for Azure Security Center. Yuri has a Master of Science degree in cybersecurity from UTICA College, and an MBA from FGV Brazil. Yuri currently holds the following certifications: CISSP, CyberSec First Responder, CompTIA CSA+, E|CEH, E|CSA, E|CHFI, E|CND, CyberSec First Responder, CompTIA, Security+, CompTIA Cloud Essentials, Network+, Mobility+, CASP, CSA+, MCSE, MCTS, and Microsoft Specialist - Azure.
Dr. Erdal Ozkaya is a leading Cybersecurity Professional with business development, management, and academic skills who focuses on securing the Cyber Space and sharing his real-life skills as a Security Advisor, Speaker, Lecturer, and Author.
Erdal is known to be passionate about reaching communities, creating cyber awareness campaigns, and leveraging new and innovative approaches and technologies to holistically address the information security and privacy needs for every person and organization in the world.
He is an award-winning technical expert and speaker: His recent awards include: Cyber Security Professional of the Year MEA, Hall of Fame by CISO Magazine, Cybersecurity Influencer of the Year (2019), Microsoft Circle of Excellence Platinum Club (2017), NATO Center of Excellence (2016) Security Professional of the Year by MEA Channel Magazine (2015), Professional of the Year Sydney (2014), and many speaker of the year awards in conferences.
He also holds Global Instructor of the Year awards from EC Council and Microsoft. Erdal is also a part-time lecturer at Charles Sturt University, Australia.
Erdal has co-authored many cybersecurity books as well as security certification courseware and exams for different vendors.
Erdal has the following qualifications: Doctor of Philosophy in Cybersecurity, Master of Computing Research, Master of Information Systems Security, Bachelor of Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft Certified Learning Consultant, ISO27001 Auditor and Implementer, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Ethical Instructor and Licensed Penetration Tester, and 90+ other industry certifications.
- Security Posture
- Incident Response Process
- What is a Cyber Strategy?
- Understanding the Cybersecurity Kill Chain
- Compromising the System
- Chasing a User's Identity
- Lateral Movement
- Privilege Escalation
- Security Policy
- Network Segmentation
- Active Sensors
- Threat Intelligence
- Investigating an Incident
- Recovery Process
- Vulnerability Management
- Log Analysis