Microsoft 365 Security Administration: MS-500 Exam Guide
- Get the right guidance and discover techniques to improve the effectiveness of your studying and prepare for the exam
- Explore a wide variety of strategies for security and compliance
- Gain knowledge that can be applied in real-world situations
The Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) exam is designed to measure your ability to perform technical tasks such as managing, implementing, and monitoring security and compliance solutions for Microsoft 365 environments.
This book starts by showing you how to configure and administer identity and access within Microsoft 365. You will learn about hybrid identity, authentication methods, and conditional access policies with Microsoft Intune. Next, the book shows you how RBAC and Azure AD Identity Protection can be used to help you detect risks and secure information in your organization. You will also explore concepts, such as Advanced Threat Protection, Windows Defender ATP, and Threat Intelligence. As you progress, you will learn about additional tools and techniques to configure and manage Microsoft 365, including Azure Information Protection, Data Loss Prevention, and Cloud App Discovery and Security. The book also ensures you are well prepared to take the exam by giving you the opportunity to work through a mock paper, topic summaries, illustrations that briefly review key points, and real-world scenarios.
By the end of this Microsoft 365 book, you will be able to apply your skills in the real world, while also being well prepared to achieve Microsoft certification.
What you will learn
- Get up to speed with implementing and managing identity and access
- Understand how to employ and manage threat protection
- Get to grips with managing governance and compliance features in Microsoft 365
- Explore best practices for effective configuration and deployment
- Implement and manage information protection
- Prepare to pass the Microsoft exam and achieve certification with the help of self-assessment questions and a mock exam
Who this book is for
This Microsoft certification book is designed to help IT professionals, administrators, or anyone looking to pursue a career in security administration by becoming certified with Microsoft's role-based qualification. Those trying to validate their skills and improve their competitive advantage with Microsoft 365 Security Administration will also find this book to be a useful resource.
Peter Rising has over 25 years' experience in IT. He has worked for several IT solutions providers and private organizations in a variety of technical roles focusing on Microsoft technologies. Since 2014, Peter has specialized in the Microsoft Office 365 platform, initially carrying out mail migrations from on-premises platforms and tenant-to-tenant migrations. Since joining Softcat PLC in 2016, Peter has shifted his focus to Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance and is now a senior consultant in Softcat's public cloud technical practice. He holds a number of Microsoft certifications, including MCSE: Productivity; MCSA: Office 365; Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert; and Microsoft 365: Security Administrator Associate.
- Planning for Hybrid Identity
- Authentication and Security
- Implementing Conditional Access Policies
- Role Assignment and Privileged Identities in Microsoft 365
- Azure AD Identity Protection
- Configuring an Advanced Threat Protection Solution
- Configuring Microsoft Defender ATP to Protect Devices
- Message Protection in Office 365
- Threat Intelligence and Tracking
- Controlling Secure Access to Information Stored in Office 365
- Azure Information Protection
- Data Loss Prevention
- Cloud App Discovery and Security
- Security Analytics and Auditing Capabilities
- Personal Data Protection in Microsoft 365
- Data Governance and Retention
- Search and Investigation
- Data Privacy Compliance
- Mock Exam
- Mock Exam Answers