Learn SQL Database Programming Query and manipulate databases from popular relational database servers using SQL
- Explore comprehensive coverage of all SQL statements with the help of different examples
- Get well-versed with querying, manipulation, filtering, aggregate functions, and formatting databases
- Understand how to explore and process varied complexity of data to tell a story
SQL is a powerful querying language used to store, manipulate, and retrieve data. It is one of the most popular languages used by developers to query and analyze data efficiently.
Learn SQL Database Programming is a comprehensive introduction for anyone new to SQL. It'll help you get up to speed with using SQL to streamline your work in no time. You'll begin with an overview of relational database management systems and learn how to set up and use MySQL Workbench and design a database using practical examples. You'll discover how to query and manipulate data via SQL programming using MySQL Workbench. As you advance, you'll create a database, query single and multiple tables, and modify data using SQL querying. The book covers advanced SQL techniques, including aggregate functions, flow control statements, error handling, and subqueries. You'll also explore and process your data to present your findings. Finally, you'll get well-versed with best practices for writing SQL and designing indexes and tables.
By the end of this SQL programming book, you'll have gained the confidence to use SQL queries for retrieving and manipulating data.
What you will learn
- Install, configure, and use MySQL Workbench to restore a database
- Explore different data types such as string, numeric, and date and time
- Query a single table using the basic SQL SELECT statement and the FROM, WHERE, and ORDER BY clauses
- Understand various table relationships to query multiple tables
- Modify data in tables using INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements
- Use aggregate functions to group and summarize data
- Detect bad data, duplicates, and irrelevant values while processing data
Who This Book Is For
This book is for business analysts, SQL developers, database administrators, and students learning SQL. If you want to learn how to query and manipulate SQL data for database administration tasks or simply extract and organize relevant data for analysis, you'll find this book useful. No prior SQL experience is required.
Josephine Bush is a Database Administrator at Genescape. She has expertise in SQL programming using MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL. She has degrees in BS IT, MBA IT Management, MS Data Analytics and she is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Data Platform. It has been around 10 years since she has been working as a Database Administrator.