Becoming a PMP(R) Certified Professional: A study guide to mastering project management for the PMP(R) exam
Hunt, J. Ashley
Pass the PMP 2021 exam with confidence with the help of practical and up-to-date coverage of project management practices from the 6th edition of the PMBOK(R) Guide
- Written by J. Ashley Hunt, an experienced PMP(R) trainer with over 20 years of project management experience
- Learn with the help of PMP(R) practice tests, exam tips, and best practices from the PMBOK(R) Guide
- Effectively plan core project work aspects such as scope, cost, quality, procurement, and communication
One of the five most prestigious certifications in the world, the PMP(R) exam is said to be the most difficult non-technical certification exam. With this exam guide, you'll be able to address the challenges in learning advanced project management concepts.
This PMP study guide covers all of the 10 project management knowledge areas, 5 process groups, 49 processes, and aspects of the Agile Practice Guide that you need to tailor your projects. With this book, you will understand the best practices found in the sixth edition of the PMBOK(R) Guide and the newly updated exam content outline. Throughout the book, you'll learn exam objectives in the form of a project for better understanding and effective implementation of real-world project management tasks, helping you to not only prepare for the exam but also implement project management best practices. Finally, you'll get to grips with the entire application and testing processes in PMP(R) and discover numerous tips and techniques for passing the exam on your first attempt.
By the end of this PMP(R) exam prep book, you'll have a solid understanding of everything you need to pass the PMP(R) certification exam, and be able to use this handy, on-the-job desktop reference guide to overcome challenges in project management.
What You Will Learn:
- Understand how to fill out the exam application and what to expect on the day of the exam
- Get a comprehensive overview of project management processes, knowledge areas, and project execution
- Explore project and organization structures and other factors influencing projects
- Manage risk, scheduling, and cost using expert tips and insights
- Acquire and manage resources and communication in project work
- Monitor and control projects from planning to execution
- Discover professional responsibility, study tips, and what's in store for certified project management professionals
Who this book is for:
If you are an experienced project manager looking for a common language and best practices in the project management space and want to achieve the PMP certification to accelerate your career growth, this book is for you. A minimum of 3 to 7 years of experience in leading and directing projects for a variety of industries will be useful.