Swift Cookbook.: Over 60 proven recipes for developing better iOS applications with Swift 5.3
Moon, Keith, Barker, Chris
Discover recipes for building feature-rich, reliable iOS native apps and explore the latest features in Swift 5.3 with the help of proven industry standard recipes, modern design techniques, and popular strategies
- Learn Swift 5.3 programming techniques to write robust and efficient code
- Discover the fundamentals of Swift and build apps with frameworks such as Foundation, Networking, and UIKit
- Get to grips with the new features of Swift 5.3, including SwiftUI, CoreML and the Vision Framework
Swift is an exciting, multi-platform, general-purpose programming language, and with this book, you'll explore the features of its latest version, Swift 5.3.
The book begins with an introduction to the basic building blocks of Swift 5.3, its syntax, and the functionalities of Swift constructs. You'll then discover how Swift Playgrounds provide an ideal platform to write, execute, and debug your Swift code. As you advance through the chapters, the book will show you how to bundle variables into tuples or sets, order your data with an array, store key-value pairs with dictionaries, and use property observers. You'll also get to grips with the decision-making and control structures in Swift, examine advanced features such as generics and operators, and explore functionalities outside of the standard library. Once you've learned how to build iOS applications using UIKit, you'll find out how to use Swift for server-side programming, run Swift on Linux, and investigate Vapor. Finally, you'll discover some of the newest features of Swift 5.3 using SwiftUI and Combine to build adaptive and reactive applications, and find out how to use Swift to build and integrate machine learning models along with Apple's Vision Framework.
By the end of this Swift book, you'll have discovered solutions to boost your productivity while developing code using Swift 5.3.
What You Will Learn:
- Explore basic to advanced concepts in Swift 5.3 programming
- Understand conditional statements, loops, and how to handle errors in Swift
- Define flexible classes and structs using generics
- Use advanced operators and create custom ones
- Build iOS apps using the powerful features of UIKit or the new SwiftUI framework
- Import your own custom functionality into Swift Playgrounds
- Run Swift on Linux and investigate server-side programming with the server-side framework Vapor
- Use Swift to implement machine learning models using CoreML and Vision
Who this book is for:
If you are looking to learn about the diverse features offered by Swift 5.3, along with tips and tricks to efficiently code and build applications, then this Swift book is for you. Knowledge of general programming concepts will assist in understanding key concepts.