Mastering Kubernetes - Third Edition: Level up your container orchestration skills with Kubernetes to build, run, secure, and observe large-scale dist
- Master Kubernetes architecture and design to build and deploy secure distributed applications
- Learn advanced concepts like autoscaling, cluster federation, serverless computing, and service mesh integration for observability
- Explore Kubernetes 1.18 features and its rich ecosystem of tools like Kubectl, Knative, and Helm
The third edition of Mastering Kubernetes is updated with the latest tools and code enabling you to learn Kubernetes 1.18's latest features. This book primarily concentrates on diving deeply into complex concepts and Kubernetes best practices to help you master the skills of designing and deploying large clusters on various cloud platforms.
The book trains you to run complex stateful microservices on Kubernetes including advanced features such as horizontal pod autoscaling, rolling updates, resource quotas, and persistent storage backend. With the two new chapters, you will gain expertise in serverless computing and utilizing service meshes.
As you proceed through the chapters, you will explore different options for network configuration and learn to set up, operate, and troubleshoot Kubernetes networking plugins through real-world use cases. Furthermore, you will understand the mechanisms of custom resource development and its utilization in automation and maintenance workflows.
By the end of this Kubernetes book, you will graduate from an intermediate to advanced Kubernetes professional.
What you will learn
- Master the fundamentals of Kubernetes architecture and design
- Build and run stateful applications and complex microservices on Kubernetes
- Use tools like Kubectl, secrets, and Helm to manage resources and storage
- Master Kubernetes Networking with load balancing options like Ingress
- Achieve high-availability Kubernetes clusters
- Improve Kubernetes observability with tools like Prometheus, Grafana, and Jaeger
- Extend Kubernetes working with Kubernetes API, plugins, and webhooks
Who this book is for
If you are a system administrator or a cloud developer with working knowledge of Kubernetes and are keen to master its advanced features, along with learning everything from building microservices to utilizing service meshes, Mastering Kubernetes is for you. Basic familiarity with networking concepts will be helpful.
Gigi Sayfan has been developing software professionally for more than 20 years in domains as diverse as instant messaging, morphing, chip fabrication process control, embedded multimedia applications for game consoles, brain-inspired machine learning, custom browser development, web services for 3D distributed game platforms, IoT sensors, virtual reality and genomics.
- Understanding Kubernetes Architecture
- Creating Kubernetes Clusters
- High Availability and Reliability
- Securing Kubernetes
- Using Kubernetes Resources in Practice
- Managing Storage
- Running Stateful Applications with Kubernetes
- Deploying and Updating Applications
- Packaging Applications
- Exploring Advanced Networking
- Running Kubernetes on Multiple Clouds and Cluster Federation
- Serverless Computing on Kubernetes
- Monitoring Kubernetes Clusters
- Utilizing Service Meshes
- Extending Kubernetes
- The Future of Kubernetes