Applied Computational Thinking with Python: Design algorithmic solutions for complex and challenging real-world problems
Jesús, Sofía de, Martinez, Dayrene
Use the computational thinking philosophy to solve complex problems by designing appropriate algorithms to produce optimal results across various domains
- Develop logical reasoning and problem-solving skills that will help you tackle complex problems
- Explore core computer science concepts and important computational thinking elements using practical examples
- Find out how to identify the best-suited algorithmic solution for your problem
Computational thinking helps you to develop logical processing and algorithmic thinking while solving real-world problems across a wide range of domains. It's an essential skill that you should possess to keep ahead of the curve in this modern era of information technology. Developers can apply their knowledge of computational thinking to solve problems in multiple areas, including economics, mathematics, and artificial intelligence.
This book begins by helping you get to grips with decomposition, pattern recognition, pattern generalization and abstraction, and algorithm design, along with teaching you how to apply these elements practically while designing solutions for challenging problems. You'll then learn about various techniques involved in problem analysis, logical reasoning, algorithm design, clusters and classification, data analysis, and modeling, and understand how computational thinking elements can be used together with these aspects to design solutions. Toward the end, you will discover how to identify pitfalls in the solution design process and how to choose the right functionalities to create the best possible algorithmic solutions.
By the end of this algorithm book, you will have gained the confidence to successfully apply computational thinking techniques to software development.
What you will learn
- Find out how to use decomposition to solve problems through visual representation
- Employ pattern generalization and abstraction to design solutions
- Build analytical skills required to assess algorithmic solutions
- Use computational thinking with Python for statistical analysis
- Understand the input and output needs for designing algorithmic solutions
- Use computational thinking to solve data processing problems
- Identify errors in logical processing to refine your solution design
- Apply computational thinking in various domains, such as cryptography, economics, and machine learning
Who this book is for
This book is for students, developers, and professionals looking to develop problem-solving skills and tactics involved in writing or debugging software programs and applications. Familiarity with Python programming is required.