Network Performance Analysis: Using the J Programming Language
- 出版商: Springer
- 出版日期: 2007-10-03
- 售價: $6,323
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $6,007
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 216
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 1846288223
- ISBN-13: 9781846288227
The purpose of network performance analysis is to investigate how traffic-management mechanisms deployed in the network affect the allocation of resources amongst its users and the performance they experience. This topic can be studied by the construction of models of traffic management mechanisms and observing how they perform by applying them to some flow of network traffic.
This useful volume introduces concepts and principles of network performance analysis by example, using the J programming language. J is rich in mathematical functionality, which makes it an ideal tool for analytical methods. The book favours a practical approach and develops functions in J to demonstrate mathematical concepts, thereby enabling readers to explore the underlying principles behind network performance analysis. In addition, this allows the subject to become more accessible to those who, although have a mathematical background, are not pure mathematicians.
Topics and features:
• Uses an example-driven approach to introduce the fundamentals of network performance analysis
• Provides a concise introduction to the J programming language
• Presents network calculus as a method for designing and engineering networks
• Focuses on statistical analysis and stochastic processes
• Demonstrates how to simulate traffic with both short-range and long-range dependence properties
• Covers ATM QoS, and examines Internet congestion control
Network Performance Analysis will equally appeal to network professionals and postgraduates studying the topic by providing valuable analytical tools and using J as a means of offering a practical treatment of the subject. Dr. Holt has a broad range of industry experience and now regularly lectures on this topic.