Mastering phpMyAdmin 2.8 for Effective MySQL Management, 2/e
Whether you are an experienced developer, system administrator, web designer or new to MySQL and phpMyAdmin, this book will show you how to increase your productivity and control when working with your databases. You will learn how to:
Along the way you will build a more detailed understanding of SQL and how it works in MySQL.
- Administer MySQL users and privileges, and get statistics about MySQL servers and databases
- Manage databases, table data and structures, and indexes
- Use bookmarks and metadata
- Generate multiple SQL queries
- Generate better documentation of evolving table structures
As an application developer you’ll learn how to use phpMyAdmin to:
As a MySQL server administrator, you will benefit from the in-depth and practical coverage of:
- Effectively perform day-to-day database and table management.
- Create efficient database tables and relational structures
- Document your evolving data structure easily
- Using phpMyAdmin to manage users and privileges
- Getting server and database statistics
- All database users will be able to expand and refine their knowledge of SQL in a MySQL context by using phpMyAdmin to track SQL execution and results.