DWR Java AJAX Applications (Paperback)
This book will show competent Java programmers how to work with DWR to create powerful AJAX applications. It starts with a tutorial on DWR's main features and functions. Then it covers setting up the development environment. Finally, it concludes with some sample applications.
The later chapters are full of example code for sample applications, to aid comprehension.
What you will learn from this book?
- Will make your development faster and simpler by teaching you the features of DWR and implementing it with Reverse AJAX.
- Specifies practical aspects such as supported browser and environments, configuration, setting up development environment, testing and debugging, error handling, packaging and deployment in a comprehensive manner, by demonstration where required.
- Provides a practical demonstration of creating a dynamic user interface, implementing tables and lists, and field completion for you to derive concepts from.
- Shows advanced elements of user interface through practical examples of creating forms, building a navigation tree, and map scrolling.
- Teaches back-end integration: integrating a database with DWR, integrating with web services, and integrating with a messaging system.
- Includes collaborative book authoring and chatroom applications, which show how easy it would be to enhance your applications to production grade using these samples as a starting point for development and as a source of ideas.
The initial part guides the reader through the features of DWR and how it works to make the developer ready for practical implementation. The later part contains plenty of code (with explanations) and graphical interface-driven step-by-step examples, which the reader can try out while surfing through the book to learn by doing.
Who this book is written for?
This book is written for competent Java developers and assumes that you are a professional rather than hobbyist. You should be familiar with the concepts of programming, Web 2.0, and AJAX.