Apache OFBiz Development: The Beginner's Tutorial (Paperback)
Rupert Howell, Jonathon Wong
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2008-10-30
- 定價: $2,250
- 售價: 9.1 折 $2,042
- 貴賓價: 8.6 折 $1,940
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 472
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1847194001
- ISBN-13: 9781847194008
Apache OFBiz (Open For Business) is versatile open-source enterprise automation software that powers many small and medium sized businesses around the world. It incorporates a number of mature applications such as ERP, e-Commerce, MRP and CRM.
Built around an MVC framework with common logic, data model and process components, Ofbiz allows existing and bespoke applications to be added through a component-based architecture. Ofbiz includes a mature suite of enterprise applications that integrate and automate a company's many business needs.
This easy-to-read book will quickly enable newcomers to get hands-on with OFBiz. It provides an overview of the main modules and employs illustrated examples that show readers how to build exemplary business applications rapidly. Covering the main aspects of the Model-View-Controller framework, the reader will gain a working knowledge of Widgets, Entities, and The Service Engine. The authors also describe how to tweak OFBiz, and offer valuable performance and development tips. By navigating through the flow of OFBiz and providing insight into the thousands of examples that already exist in the core code they have made this book a must-have for anyone looking to get started with OFBiz.
What you will learn from this book?
- Learn what OFBiz is, and what it is capable of doing for business.
- Install and configure OFBiz to optimize system performance.
- Develop a bespoke OFBiz component. Enhance and modify existing components.
- Save time by learning how to re-use existing OFBiz code.
- Explore Entities - the basic units of the framework's Model - to simplify database operations and perform complicated queries.
- Define, create, and call Java services in the Service Engine to build synchronous and asynchronous communications.
- Learn syntax and schema for the OFBiz language: MiniLang. Use MiniLang to speed up your OFBiz development.
- Acquire valuable development and performance tips that will make your custom applications supreme.
This is an accessible step-by-step tutorial that introduces readers to the world of OFBiz through practical examples and clear explanations. It will guide you through the framework, teach you to tweak OFBiz and master widgets, entities, and permissions, and give you the knowledge to customize your own bespoke applications.
Who this book is written for?
This book is for developers who want to build easily deployed and supported OFBiz applications. No previous knowledge of OFBiz is assumed, but readers should be comfortable in a Java development environment.