Embedded Systems: Analysis and Modeling with SysML, UML and AADL (Hardcover)
Fabrice Kordon, J?r?me Hugues, Agusti Canals, Alain Dohet
Since the construction of the first embedded system in the 1960s, embedded systems have continued to spread. They provide a continually increasing number of services and are part of our daily life. The development of these systems is a difficult problem which does not yet have a global solution. Another difficulty is that systems are plunged into the real world, which is not discrete (as is generally understood in computing), but has a richness of behaviors which sometimes hinders the formulation of simplifying assumptions due to their generally autonomous nature and they must face possibly unforeseen situations (incidents, for example), or even situations that lie outside the initial design assumptions.
Embedded Systems presents the state of the art of the development of embedded systems and, in particular, concentrates on the modeling and analysis of these systems by looking at “model-driven engineering”, (MDE2): SysML, UML/MARTE and AADL. A case study (based on a pacemaker) is presented which enables the reader to observe how the different aspects of a system are addressed using the different approaches. All three systems are important in that they provide the reader with a global view of their possibilities and demonstrate the contributions of each approach in the different stages of the software lifecycle. Chapters dedicated to analyzing the specification and code generation are also presented.
Foreword, Brian R. Larson.
Foreword, Dominique Potier.
Introduction, Fabrice Kordon, Jérôme Hugues, Agusti Canals and Alain Dohet.
Part 1. General Concepts
1. Elements for the Design of Embedded Computer Systems, Fabrice Kordon, Jérôme Hugues, Agusti Canals and Alain Dohet.
2. Case Study: Pacemaker, Fabrice Kordon, Jérôme Hugues, Agusti Canals and Alain Dohet.
Part 2. SysML
3. Presentation of SysML Concepts, Jean-Michel Bruel and Pascal Roques.
4. Modeling of the Case Study Using SysML, Loïc Fejoz, Philippe Leblanc and Agusti Canals.
5. Requirements Analysis, Ludovic Apvrille and Pierre De Saqui-Sannes.
Part 3. MARTE
6. An Introduction to MARTE Concepts, Sébastien Gérard and François Terrier.
7. Case Study Modeling Using MARTE, Jérôme Delatour and Joël Champeau.
8. Model-Based Analysis, Frederic Boniol, Philippe Dhaussy, Luka Le Roux and Jean-Charles Roger.
9. Model-Based Deployment and Code Generation, Chokri Mraidha, Ansgar Radermacher and Sébastien Gérard.
Part 4. AADL
10. Presentation of the AADL Concepts, Jérôme Hugues and Xavier Renault.
11. Case Study Modeling Using AADL, Etienne Borde.
12. Model-Based Analysis, Thomas Robert and Jérôme Hugues.
13. Model-Based Code Generation, Laurent Pautet and Béchir Zalila.