Koha 3 Library Management System
Savitra Sirohi, Amit Gupta
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2010-11-13
- 售價: $1,536
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,459
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 288
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849510822
- ISBN-13: 9781849510820
Install, configure, and maintain your Koha installation with this easy-to-follow guide
- A self-sufficient guide to installing and configuring Koha.
- Take control of your libraries with Koha library management system.
- Get a clear understanding of software maintenance, customization, and other advanced topics such as LDAP and Internationalization.
- Written in a style that applies to all Linux flavors and Koha versions
Koha is the first full-featured open source library management system that is widely used for efficiently managing libraries. However, setting up and maintaining Koha is no walk in the park. It is not as straightforward as setting up the other popular LAMP applications.
This practical guide provides all the essential information that is needed to make the task of installing and configuring Koha really seem simple and easy. It demonstrates how to set up Koha and its various aspects – installation, configuration, application administration, and data migration. It also covers troubleshooting, software maintenance, software customization, and other advanced topics.
The book starts with installing and configuring the LAMP stack and the Koha application to meet your needs. It then goes deeper into setting up various rules and configuring settings for Koha. It also covers data migration of catalog and patron records, software maintenance, and customization of the application. Chapters are also dedicated to providing an insight into advanced topics such as LDAP integration and Internationalization. Filled with numerous code samples and screenshots, this book will tour you through setting up Koha for evaluation or test purposes. It also includes loads of tips for troubleshooting and maintenance activities.
By the end of this book, you will have gained the knowledge to get the most out of your Koha installation.
A system administrator's manual demonstrating various installation and maintenance tasks for Koha using the Linux shell.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up and configure Koha as per your needs and requirements
- Install, configure, and test drive the Zebra Search Engine to improve the searching capabilities of your Koha application
- Configure the Cataloging module to make finding and evaluating items in a library amazingly simple for patrons
- Migrate catalog data from other systems into Koha
- Configure the circulation module by mapping your library's policies to rules and preferences in Koha
- Customize the look of the public interface for users by configuring the OPAC
- Tons of pointers for troubleshooting common problems that arise with your Koha installation
- Many tips on software maintenance to make sure that your application is updated with the latest changes
- Beef up your knowledge of advanced topics such as LDAP integration and Internationalization
- Set up your Koha server as a Z39.50 server to share your catalog with the outside world
- Customize your software and share it with the community
Written in a practical style, this book uses the Linux shell in many chapters, demonstrating the execution of commands and their output. With liberal use of screenshots and plenty of code samples accompanied by careful explanation, it will make the task of installing and configuring Koha easy and straightforward. All chapters are written in a way that makes them applicable to various Linux distributions.