Cocos2d for iPhone 0.99 Beginner's Guide (Paperback)
Make mind-blowing 2D games for iPhone with this fast, flexible, and easy-to-use framework!
- A cool guide to learning cocos2d with iPhone to get you into the iPhone game industry quickly
- Learn all the aspects of cocos2d while building three different games.
- Add a lot of trendy features such as particles and tilemaps to your games to captivate your players
- Full of illustrations, diagrams, and tips for building iPhone games, with clear step-by-step instructions and practical examples
- Learn the basics of the most popular 2D framework for iPhone
- Packed with tips and tricks for using this framework.
- Use actions and effects to make your graphics stand out
- Implement particles to make your players vibrate
- Make huge levels with Tilemaps
- Play sounds in many different ways.
- Give your game real-life physics
- Integrate OpenFeint, the most popular social gaming network, with your game
Cocos2d for iPhone is a robust but simple-to-use 2D game framework for iPhone. If you are just starting with game programming, cocos2d will enable you to make your first game in no time. Even if you are a seasoned game developer, you will still be able to benefit from what it offers. Yet beginning with cocos2d for iPhone may be an arduous task without a proper guide.
Cocos2d for iPhone 0.99 Beginner's Guide will help you to learn how to make games with cocos2d from the ground up. You will learn all the key concepts of the framework and game programming in general while building your first game using this exciting platform.
You will start by learning the basics of cocos2d then you will learn how to enhance your game with a lot of cool features and eye candy. After spending a little time learning the basics, you will jump straight into action. The book will then teach you to build games from scratch and how to add animations, sounds, and particle effects to them. Then you will be guided to have your game behave as in real life by using a physics engine. After reading Cocos2d for iPhone 0.99 Beginner's Guide, you will be able to write your own games for iPhone while using all the elements Pros use. There are a lot of examples, images, and diagrams to get you up to speed in no time.
This book is a practical guide for building your own fun and exciting iPhone games in no time using the cocos2d for iPhone framework.
What you will learn from this book
This is a beginner's guide.
Who this book is written for
If you want to get into the iPhone industry and have your games compete with the best, this book is for you. You should have some basic programming experience with Objective-C and a good understanding of OOP. A little experience of game programming in any language is welcome but not a must.