About This Book
- Get acquainted with graph database systems and apply them in real-world use cases
- Get started with Neo4j, a unique NOSQL database system that focuses on tackling data complexity
- A practical guide filled with sample queries, installation procedures, and useful pointers to other information sources
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who want an alternative way to store and process data within their applications. No previous graph database experience is required; however, some basic database knowledge will help you understand the concepts more easily.
What You Will Learn
- Background and specifications of graph databases
- Install Neo4j on a variety of different platforms, locally and in the cloud
- Model data for a graph database such as Neo4j
- Import data into Neo4j
- Learn about sample use cases for Neo4j
- Discover the advantages of graph databases versus other database models
- Find out where you can find additional information on Neo4j
Learning Neo4j provides you with a step-by-step approach of adopting Neo4j, the world's leading graph database. This book includes a lot of background information, helps you grasp the fundamental concepts behind this radical new way of dealing with connected data, and will give you lots of examples of use cases and environments where a graph database would be a great fit.
Starting with a brief introduction to graph theory, this book will show you the advantages of using graph databases. Following on from that, you will be introduced to Neo4j and you will be shown how to install Neo4j on various operating systems. You will then be shown how you can model and import your data into Neo4j.
This book has two use case examples that will show you how to model and implement a graph in Neo4j by analyzing a user case, and analyze the impact a change has on a process or a system. You will also gain an insight into graph visualization options for Neo4j and discover external sources where you can learn more about Neo4j.